PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Combat Simulator 2?

Tom the Tenor
4th Nov 2000, 13:36
Has anyone yet had a go at Microsoft Combat Simulator 2, the new version which is set in the Pacific theatre of operations during World War 2, and what is your opinion? Thank you, TTT

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!

Ace McCool
4th Nov 2000, 18:02
It's just like the first version except the Germans have been replaced by the Japanese. Carrier take offs and landings are introduced. CFS1 installed for about 257mb on the hard drive, CFS2 is a 2 disk job that wants about 850mb. The easy mode in the campaigns is a lot easier than CFS1. Whilst its not bad I don't think its worth the money if you already have CFS1...put it on your list for your next visit to Hong Kong.

Tom the Tenor
5th Nov 2000, 06:14
Thanks for the info, Ace. What I am going to do is rush in to the Game Shop tomorrow and pick up CFS 1 which is going at the bargain price of IR£19 and get going on that. Thank you, TTT.

------------------
What we want is a bit of Pop Music, none of this Beethoven!!

BoeingBoy
7th Nov 2000, 02:05
I have just bought CFS2 in Detroit for $39.99. Now I see it available in the UK for about the same.

I only muck about with both 1&2 on a laptop with an 8mb graphics card so I suffer a bit.

However I have to say that CFS2 has much improved graphics in terms of scenary but is not so good on showing aircraft at close range. Damage on both yours and the opponents aircraft is better, and the flight models are much improved.

Frankly in moderate to hard profiles the aircraft high speed stall too quickly, making dogfighting difficult.

My only oddity really is that my point of view hat on a Sytek Digital Cyborg 3D has an eight point view in CFS1 but will not register as more than a four point in CFS2. Anyone know why?