PDA

View Full Version : HEMS EC 135 down in Hungary

skadi
31st Jul 2008, 19:05
An EC 135 crashed today in Hungary, Paramedic was killed, Pilot ( seriously ) and 1 Pax ( Mother of patient ) injured, doctor and 2 year old patient ( who suffers from severe burns ) were unhurt during this accident.

BelgaPicture - Category details (http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture/editorial/all/coverage/552209.html)

skadi

Overdrive
1st Aug 2008, 00:42
Dear me... it's non-stop lately... sad :(

ChopperFAN
1st Aug 2008, 09:15
Terrible news, that 135 looks demolished... lucky some survived any idea of cause yet?

Simon

Bladecrack
1st Aug 2008, 20:24
Where was it based in Hungary?

skadi
3rd Aug 2008, 07:18
Negative, Reg was HA-ECE, as seen on one of the pictures.

skadi

Claudio Andorinha
3rd Aug 2008, 16:07
Hello

I saw on the news about an helicopter crash,and I would like to know more about it!Do you know which kind of emergency lending??
Thank's.
Claudio Andorinha

skadi
11th Aug 2008, 19:01
Sad News, the pilot , who suffered from severe injuries, died in hospital.

skadi

Furia
11th Aug 2008, 20:06
Rest in peace!!
May your families be conforted that you died while helping others.

Double engine failure? Was not the mathematically impossible event? :ugh:

Helinut
11th Aug 2008, 20:25
Very sad.

My condolences to those involved. RIP

It is always worrying when an event considered to be close to incredible is said to have caused an accident. We will have to wait and see, but in the mean time those of us who fly EC135s will worry a bit more than normal...

Overdrive
11th Aug 2008, 23:52
Another very sad accident :(

CyclicRick
19th Aug 2008, 10:41
How come this thread faded away? Has anyone heard what the possible cause was? A double engine failure is VERY unusual.

Rick

rotorspeed
19th Aug 2008, 12:24
The lack of fire seems surprising given clearly a very heavy impact with a lot of damage. Double engine failure? Makes you wonder about the fuel status.....

topendtorque
19th Aug 2008, 13:10
Double engine failure? Makes you wonder about the fuel status.....

I remember a very sad day in the history of a very famous old company, H.U.P.L. where three engines in three separate single engined helicopters all failed within the space of a few minutes and a few yards of each other. At least one very popular driver died as a result.

Fuel status? Well it all came from the same fuel trailer.

A fact IMHO which is usually overlooked by most twin donk, twin fuel tank, redundancy fuel pump equipped helicopters drivers.