PDA

View Full Version : XR Melb flights

Monopole
31st Jul 2008, 04:46
I heard a whisper that XR are pulling out of the Kal-Mel flights.

XRlent100 and Topend, you guys generally seem to be in the know. Is this a seasonal suspension or finished up for good?

Skystar320
31st Jul 2008, 05:13
Never believe chinese whispers as we all have the wrong information.

I heard its going to go PER - KGI - SYD - MEL and return?

apacau
31st Jul 2008, 05:15
From the Skywest website:

MEDIA RELEASE

Skywest Suspends Kalgoorlie to Melbourne Services

Skywest Airlines announced today that effective 3rd November 2008 it would suspend its Kalgoorlie to Melbourne Service.

The service that commenced in November 2007 and operated three times a week was introduced to link the City of Kalgoorlie- Boulder to the East Coast providing services to both the mining and resources sector and the leisure market.

Skywest CEO Paul Daff said today that the decision had been a difficult one as Skywest had worked closely with the City of Kalgoorlie – Boulder to establish the service and to maintain it. The service had recently not fully covered its operating costs particularly as a result of the sharp and sustainable increase in the price of fuel.

“We are suspending the service at this time in light of the significant increase in fuel and other operating costs, and the deteriorating economic conditions in Australia. Whist it is regrettable the service cannot be sustained in the short term, Skywest must make these necessary changes to its network.” Mr. Daff said.

We would like to thank the City of Kalgoorlie – Boulder for their support and contribution and those customers who have used the service in the past year. Skywest will continue to monitor the situation should the economic conditions change substantially.

All passengers booked on flights to/from Melbourne beyond 3rd November 2008, will be offered full refunds.

For the remaining period of the service, Skywest will be offering special fares of $298 one way from Kalgoorlie to Melbourne.

Customers with queries regarding their bookings should call the Skywest call centre on 1300 66 00 88.

-END OF MEDIA RELEASE-

Skystar320
31st Jul 2008, 05:39
Its a shame, now skywest has operated two new routes and none of them have been successful

KGI - ESP
KGI - MEL

KGI isnt a profit hub?

Monopole
31st Jul 2008, 05:49
I heard its going to go PER - KGI - SYD - MEL and return HI Skystar320.... Yes, Chinese whispers indeed :}:}:E:ok:

Icarus2001
31st Jul 2008, 09:57
One would assume that the airframe will be needed in November for the Rio contract...YBRY & YANG twice a day Mon-Fri.:ok:

Skystar320
1st Aug 2008, 00:17
Havn't they all ready got more aircraft coming online soon. Perth is now becoming the capitial of Fukker's instead of BAe 146's

Didnt I hear that XR has bid for the Christmas / Coco schedule?

Warped Wings
1st Aug 2008, 04:00
Didnt I hear that XR has bid for the Christmas / Coco schedule?

Yes, probably along with National Jet, Alliance, OzJet, Network, Skyairworld, Virgin Blue and Qantas

I'm sure a direct service (without a tech stop in Learmonth) would be appreciated.

Anyone know when this one will be awarded?

cunninglinguist
1st Aug 2008, 08:17
Sorry XR, I'm not a very gracious winner, so I guess you can blow it out ur ar5e :ok:

XRlent100
1st Aug 2008, 13:18
Your not a winner, everything you said and predicted is all untrue.

Sure the service will be suspended but your 6 month prediction was and still is incorrect. And so was your prediction re tech stops in Adelaide.

Have a look at the timing, KGI-MEL service finishes 3rd Nov.
RIO TINTO starts 3rd NOV.

Skywest have bigger fish to fry.....
Alls good over here with F100 number 7 and 8 on there way.

C U :ok:

topend3
3rd Aug 2008, 05:45
i think cunnilinguist you predicted bme would last 6 months too that was 3 years ago...i myself am not surprised this was not viable i think qf would have a better chance of making a go of this run...