PDA

View Full Version : Pros & Cons of Working for Air Arabia

Iver
30th Jul 2008, 20:06
I have read a few of the older posts about Air Arabia and I wanted some updated information. I am thinking about applying but I want to gather more information before putting forth the effort.

Can anyone familiar with Air Arabia list some pros and cons of working there? Good place to be? I realize its pay package does not equal EK's. Do expat pilots at Air Arabia generally stay for awhile or do they move on to EK or return to their home-country airlines?

Cheers

PMs are welcome.

gipsy moth
4th Aug 2008, 18:30
Hi; I don't have much time now, Quick and dirty:

Pros:

Nice salary
Friendly internationally atmosphere
UAE living
Long leave

Cons:

Chaotic organization, specially in training.
ROASTER this is the big one; no pattern at all, hard to get more than 3 days off in a row. Continuous and unexpected changes, most of them with very short notice, many times asking to fly on days off.

People do not last more than 2 years in AA
No changes ahoy.

Good luck!

iyi inisler
4th Aug 2008, 23:41
Hello G.M

What about if you wanna move to Etihad eitheir Emirates? Is it possible?

gipsy moth
6th Aug 2008, 04:18
Hi Iver; In the contract is written that the employee can't work in any other company in the UAE within a year after leaving AA. although I've seen guys going to Ethihad and Emirates right after leaving AA (!?)
Maybe someone else can put some light in the subject.

Regards

gipsy moth
10th Aug 2008, 07:17
Hi Iver, I just learned that that clause on the contract has been recently implemented, the pilots migrating to Ethihad and Emirates have a different contract. They have changed the contract seeing the amount of pilots leaving.

Regards.