PDA

View Full Version : Expel rate

schweizpilot
30th Jul 2008, 16:15
Hello everyone, what is FO/SO expel rates in Cathay ?

Merci

Best Rate
31st Jul 2008, 14:10
As Rumour has it, quite a few from both ranks these days.... :confused:

ACMS
1st Aug 2008, 05:38
what do you mean..........expel?

sacked or resigned?

MACH.88
1st Aug 2008, 06:07
Does anybody have some real info to back any of this up??

MACH.88:cool:

Yeager
1st Aug 2008, 07:49
While we are at it.

Does anybody know, with regards to CX, how to interpert the Sen.list in terms of all the "missing" sen.no. in between?
If the "empty" slots on the list indicates dudes who have left? Then there is a LOT who have abandomed the ship. Not that it would come as a surprise at all though - good on them. :ok:

Keep smiling :p

ACMS
1st Aug 2008, 08:16
The missing name beside the number are because Guys/Girls are too lazy/stupid/sneeky to allow it to be shown.

HKG privacy laws etc etc etc

Yeager
1st Aug 2008, 11:48
Just had another check at the sen.list, being bored.

ACMS,
If guys choose not to have their names seen it says;

name.witheld sen.no

These guys have still got a sen.no just no name on it.

There are a lot of numbers that are simply not on the list. I strongly believe these guys have actually left the joint. I can see that all the numbers around mine that are "missing" are sen.no of guys who have left for the better after the sen.list was last updated.

ACMS
1st Aug 2008, 12:02
oh ok..............mmmm

sounds fishy to me.:=

EngineOut
1st Aug 2008, 12:11
my number has been the same for a while, yet I have moved up over a whole page...
:confused:

then the other day, I actually went backwards!! (physically, on the page)

:eek:

schweizpilot
1st Aug 2008, 15:13
sacked or resigned?

both of them.

jonathon68
1st Aug 2008, 16:54
Recent sacked/resigned etc figures were quoted on this forum earlier this year. Maybe NC would have an interesting perspective on the numbers.

I think that about 100 total went last year, which would be approximatley 4-5% annual attrition, from a total pilot force of 2000-2200 over that time. KA lost about 10% over the same period, which was sufficient wastage to finally motivate Management with regard to improving their T&C's.

Historically the CX medical wastage rate is about 1% per year (so about 20?? in this category, or one fifth of the loss).

Retirements were supposed to be 40?? (although few probably retired, many may have extended as "B scale" trainers on their fleet or became freighter pilots).

Some new joiners went home very quickly (as has always been the case), but we lost more than the average number of senior pilots to various alternatives (corporate, Oasis, Emirates, JAL, etc). Overall, as per normal, there is always lots of talk, but the numbers rarely live up to the hype.

The CX "chop rate", is currently very low. If you could fly an aeroplane you would have definitely got a job with CX in the last year or so. If flying is not "your thing", then CX would have probably taken you on anyway, provided you turned up for at least one of the interviews.

However, it looks as if it is going to be an employer's market again in the airline industry, very shortly! :sad:

The new AOA GC inherits a difficult position. We have had 4+ years of growth and profits for CX with negligible improvements for the pilots. Now we face a downturn and diminished bargaining power. Bugger.:(

prairiedriver
1st Aug 2008, 18:44
The blank numbers are where they are going to slot in the Dragon Air guys. Who knows the rate they are going here they could probably slip some Oasis new hires in there too. :ok:

Yeager
2nd Aug 2008, 04:43
I dont believe that managements version of the amount of pilot who have left Cathay. I believe management has forgotten "a few". A closer look at the sen.list certainly indicates this. Well, well, who cares.:}