PDA

View Full Version : Conversion to work in UK/Europe/Australia

purejade
30th Jul 2008, 16:12
Wondering if anyone can tell me how or what i must do in order to convert my license to work in UK/Europe or Australia. I am currently licensed in Singapore and working for SIAEC.

spannersatcx
30th Jul 2008, 18:25
There is no conversion into a UK/European (EASA) licence as such. You would have to sit and pass all the required modules for either B1 or B2 licence.

satigue
1st Aug 2008, 14:16
Are you licenced under SAR 7 or SAR 66? Base or line in SIAEC? it's possible to convert. Just need to talk to the revelant authorities & let them evaluate what exams/modules u lack & they can advise you.

BAe146s make me cry
2nd Aug 2008, 18:05
As satigue has said - different NAAs are making allowances...

EASA QUOTE:

EASA's Response: EASA's mission is to ensure a high and uniform safety level in all EU member states. Any initiative that can help achieve this objective is gen­uinely welcomed by EASA. Associations of stakeholders that aim to protect or expand the interests of their members must be encouraged and considered of utmost importance when such interests coincide with safety objectives.

There is a growing shortage of Part 66 AML + specific types holders.
These NAAs are actively converting ICAO AMLs at present.
I shall naturally be taking advantage...

erj 170 / 190 engineers required (http://www.aviationjobsearch.com/employer.asp?employerid=4226&vacID=124194)