PDA

View Full Version : Thomas Cook - A320 - GLA

Scott Diamond
30th Jul 2008, 13:42
Does anybody here fly for Thomas Cook on the A320 from Glasgow?

I've got a flight from Glasgow to Arrecife on a Thomas Cook A320 coming up (I'll provide more information later), I was just wondering if anybody here would be CC / FDC!

fmgs
30th Jul 2008, 14:43
Will be crewed from elsewhere; currently there are no Thomas Cook A320 flights ex-GLA crewed by local crew members.

Scott Diamond
30th Jul 2008, 14:48
I see, thanks for the response. :)

I always like to find out who the crew would be if I'm flying with an airline. Not really had any luck before. I'd love to visit the FD after engine shutdown as I've never been in a commercial fd before.

Jippie
30th Jul 2008, 14:53
9 out of 10 times when you ask the crew(F/A), while deboarding, if you can visit the FD it will be no problem. Though I have no experience with Thomas Cook.

Scott Diamond
30th Jul 2008, 14:58
Thank you very much! What's the minimum age they allow in, if any?

Funderblaster
30th Jul 2008, 15:10
No min age, if you can walk you can have a peek. Tall, blonde females et priority though !! :ok:

Scott Diamond
30th Jul 2008, 15:20
Lol! Oh well... I don't fit that criteria :ugh:

I would really prefer the 757 though :(

fmgs
30th Jul 2008, 18:58
If you're traveling out on 12 Oct, back on 19 Oct, chances are it will be a BFS crew; they are good people.

Just ask the Cabin Manager when you board, you'll get a look.

You'll enjoy the state-of-the-art flight deck, rather than the 707 flight deck with a couple of TV screens. :E

Scott Diamond
30th Jul 2008, 21:52
That's good to know, thanks a lot!

I'll probably enjoy the room more, too. :p Thank you very much!!

bucket_and_spade
30th Jul 2008, 22:29
You'll enjoy the state-of-the-art flight deck, rather than the 707 flight deck with a couple of TV screens.

Wash your mouth out - the 757's beige flightdeck is a holy place in aviation! ;)

Apparently the colour scheme is known as "beaver brown".

Having said that, it would be nice to have a table and not have to balance a kneeboard (yes, that's right, it's a big Cessna) and dinner, one on each knee, either side of the dirty, great control column!

B&S

Scott Diamond
4th Aug 2008, 16:51
That's what I would like about the Airbus flightdecks (apart from earlier series)... a place for food and paper!

Globaliser
5th Aug 2008, 11:39
The first time I saw the inside of an A320 flight deck, the captain assured me that the table was where you put the hostie!