PDA

View Full Version : Argentina work conditions?

JAVIERCP1985
30th Jul 2008, 09:36
Hi, i am planning to go argentina for vacations, just to visit the family so by the way i may check some companies, i would like to know if i have any chance to join in any airline or local company?i am spanish citizenship, so i donīt have argentinan natinality. My skills so far are FAR CPL, JAR CPL, 1100tt, 800TP, experiencie in other company.Any tips? thanks..

cosmiccomet
30th Jul 2008, 11:42
If you are not Argentine citizen you can not fly for an Argentine Airline.

Besides of that, you have to have a Argentine Professional Commercial Pilot Licence (non equivalent in JAR Licences, it is in between CPL/IR/ME and ATPL) with at least 950 hrs TT for working as an Airline Pilot.

For getting that licence, you have to attend to a course for 4 months plus a checkride in a single engine IFR.
The other alternative is to convert an ICAO ATPL in Argentine's PTLA through four written/oral exams in the INAC (National Civil Aviation Institute-Instituto Nacional de Aviacion Civil).
After approving those exams, you have to take a checkride in an
multiengine.

If you are not checking Argentine Aviation, at this moment we are having a lot of problems with Aerolineas Argentinas and Austral because Marsans is dumping the company after leaving it with U$D800.000.000.
More than half of the fleet is on the ground because lack of parts and mantenance.
Our goverment has to take control of the company after paying for more than 6 month salaries for the employees.

So, as an Spanish Citizen, I think Argentina is not the right place for looking for an Airline Job...you can go to Marsans/Air Commet/Iberia.

JAVIERCP1985
30th Jul 2008, 21:17
I am agree with you, you are right.I just wanted to know the situation because i am going to make a big trip so by the way i could check the companies, but i allready know a lot.Marsans is a operator i think, but Iberia is not rising, spanair fired many pilot, and i can tell you many things.I am about to get in a airline but allways is good to know other alternatives.Thank you for your reply, you help me a lot.Te deseo buenos vuelos, y mucha suerte por que la necesitamos compaņero.Por cierto, Aerolineas Argentinas llevan a otros pilotos de extras, si trabajas para una aerolinea??

7Q Off
31st Jul 2008, 03:33
Suele llevarte si sos piloto de una linea aerea extranjera. Lleva tu licencia y ID. Pilotos de spanair, iberia, futura han ido de extra. Incluso vi pilotos de American Airlines pidiendo ir de extra y los han llevado pese a que ellos no te pueden llevar por sus reglamentaciones.

cosmiccomet
31st Jul 2008, 04:04
You are right, but the main problem in MAD is how to go to the GATE without a boarding pass.
Aerolineas Argentinas Captains are usually very nice guys but their regulations don't allow them give jump seats to other company pilots, so your only chance is to go to the gate an ask in situ the jump seat.

Air Europe and Iberia could be much better.
One of my best friends is flying for Ryanair and he had to fly from EZE to MAD but without ticket, so We went to the terminal and he asked to the Captain just when he arrived for taking the flight.
The Capt was very nice and he asked a courtesy boarding pass for my friend and the ground staff gave it to him without any comment or problem.

Spanish Captains are GOD in their companies, in my company that's impossible.

7Q Off
1st Aug 2008, 16:49
Asia is a crappy place to get a jumpseat or even a simple upgrade.
But thats the way it is. Is their home.

egalari
5th Aug 2008, 10:48
Spanair has not fired any pilot or worker yet. The ERE will be out this week to start negotiations.

JAVIERCP1985
5th Aug 2008, 15:57
Somebody know which country is not so complicate to work in Latin America if you are forgein??????

DDRJ440
5th Aug 2008, 21:36
maybe chile and peru, but usually is really hard. Also if you are spanish, they're generally not welcomed in latin america as sudacas are not welcome in spain...........it goes both ways

malagajohn
5th Aug 2008, 21:56
how about the malvinas ??

DDRJ440
6th Aug 2008, 03:50
hahahaha........... Malvinas is ARGENTINA ! .....well....that's what argentinians like to think.......

JAVIERCP1985
6th Aug 2008, 11:49
ONe of the last comment was not funny. NOt everybody call to latin amercian people SUDACA, just the ignorant and the people who does not have education say that, they donīt even different Bolivian, Colombian, Argentinan, etc,,,
No puedes generalizar, y hay mas pasises que son mas racistas, incluso a nosotros nos tratan tambien fatal.
All that i want is a decent job in latin america because i love that contient and i like the people.
Por ultimo recuerda que tenemos la misma sangre o al menos teneis la mitad y la otra mitad del pais de origen. :ok:

chileno 777
6th Aug 2008, 14:30
well said Javier!:ok:

Suggest to try LAN (Chile/Peru).
Chile has an open skies policy in place hence foreign pilots are welcome.

DDRJ440
6th Aug 2008, 15:55
Chill out Javier. I was just pointing something out, as you said, it's usually ignorant people that do that, I personally don't. I don't mind spanishs at all, and I'm sorry if I made it sound like I was discouraging you. Try LP, I know they don't mind foreigns and are looking for 319 FOs, maybe if you have good times you'll get their attention. Also, how are things in Spain? is anybody hiring at all?

shinners
6th Aug 2008, 17:21
yo se' que en argentina gallegos y tanos son bienvenidos

JAVIERCP1985
6th Aug 2008, 21:48
allright ddrj4..
My apologyze, i dont want to create a bad enviroment, i just got hurt because you are right my not everybody, not even the 75 %.
So not hurt feeling each other.

Spain is not hiring nobody at this stage. Maybe the next 2 years, who knows.
The key is the Gas Price.