PDA

View Full Version : fATP wannabes do you have PPL or not?

TelBoy
29th Jul 2008, 08:28
Looking for some data about UK fATP wannabes. Interested to see if you already have a PPL - if so how many hours? Please post if you do or do not have a PPL yet.I'm trying to get data together for a future project for training.

m04scott
29th Jul 2008, 08:55
Hi I have an PPL(a) 130hrs most on Pa24 Single Comanche 20hrs IMC training.

Looking to start my APTL in Sept

My main post is here http://www.pprune.org/forums/professional-pilot-training-includes-ground-studies/205080-cabair-merged-30.html

M Scott

Slipstream86
29th Jul 2008, 18:58
Im a wannabe! I have PPL- 60 hrs.

Im not thinking about the ATPL too much atm, just really enjoying my flying :)

Nashers
29th Jul 2008, 20:44
your answer will be 100% of fATPL wannabes will have a ppl..... you cannot start your training unless you have a ppl and minimum flown hours...

Philpaz
29th Jul 2008, 22:41
You dont need to have started training to be a wannabe

TelBoy
29th Jul 2008, 23:32
You need a PPL to start APT written exams, but not APT training. Intergrated is a fine example.I am trying to work out how many going the modular route have already got a PPL and X hours compared to ZERO. Please feel free to comment as the data will be good.

Nashers
30th Jul 2008, 00:22
ah. i think i see where your coming from. if you want to be a prob pilot you will have to get a ppl then go on for the ATPL training. i think you have talked about the training as a whole where as i read your post as fATPLs in terms of doing the exams.

inorder to start your ATPLs you have to have your ppl already as its a requirement. i went to london met and did my ATPLs there and on the first day they wanted a copy of my licence. however ive done it the modular route and presume intergrated is different.

therefore inorder to start your ATPLs you would have flown a minimum of 47 hours (45 hours training and about 2 hours flight exam). ofcourse if more lessones were needed to get you to test standard, you will have more time in your logbook. in order to start your CPL you need to have passed all the ATPL exams.

you could however buy the books for the ATPLs from anywhere and start reading them but you will not have enroled onto a course therefore cant do the minimum class room time inorder to sit the exams.

in the school im finishing my training in there are loads and loads of students on the ppl so looks like your going to have quite a bit of data. all of them will be the modular route.

David Horn
30th Jul 2008, 03:07
I'm on the Oxford Integrated course and only had a couple of hours before I started here. About 20% (if that) of people on the course have a PPL.