PDA

View Full Version : Spaceport Lossiemouth

ORAC
29th Jul 2008, 06:41
Sir Richard Branson unveils Virgin's spaceship (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/northamerica/usa/2466198/Sir-Richard-Branson-unveils-Virgin%27s-spaceship.html)

Sir Richard Branson has unveiled the shuttle his company will use to send tourists into space and revealed that one of the first launchpads for flights will be in Scotland......

For the first time Sir Richard revealed that the company is in talks with local authorities, the British government and the Civil Aviation Authority to launch spaceflights from the UK.

Lossiemouth is one of a number of locations – including two in Sweden – where the spaceship will launch its two-hour flights from as early as 2010. Although not revealing the exact location, a Virgin spokesman later said that it was on British government owned land outside of the town....................

KeepItTidy
29th Jul 2008, 15:04
Well they have already been at Lossie quite a lot and rumour something will be in the location near 6 foot, so im told from my fellow Lossie freinds.

Wit th JSF and the nice secure areas to be built Lossie makes sense as most of the locals look like aliens anyway .

NutLoose
29th Jul 2008, 15:50
:ok: Welcome to Space Station Lossiemouth, In flight catering is today provided via taxi and is that delicious fare of Jock Pies, peas and gravy......... where can I sign up?, I used to love them :}

green granite
29th Jul 2008, 15:53
NutLoose you forgot the deep fried Mars Bars. :=