PDA

View Full Version : Aviation shops in Toronto

alpha-b
28th Jul 2008, 14:35
Hi aviators

I've been in Toronto for a week now attending the DHC-6 courses at Flightsafety and is wondering where in Toronto i may find an aviation shop in the area?can anybody please tell me as i don't know my whereabouts here.Thanks

world jogger
29th Jul 2008, 01:43
Look up AVIATION WORLD...just by the airport.

weasil
29th Jul 2008, 03:52
http://www.aviationworld.net/default.asp?c=284638

This is a great store - they have a lot of stuff in stock from airlines/countries all over the world. It's right by the airport.

rigpiggy
29th Jul 2008, 12:24
aviation world is at pearson about a 60$ return cab fare. try walking to the other side of downsview to the Aviation museum. Your probably at the HI yorkdale? google earth CYZD-CYYZ

glide182
29th Jul 2008, 12:41
Treshold Aviation Derry road and Torbram

alpha-b
29th Jul 2008, 14:39
Yeah rippiggy,i'm at HI Yorkdale i'll try and see how to get there as i need a lot of stuffs flying wise.Anyway thanx a lot guys for ur help.Cheers

Pilot DAR
30th Jul 2008, 18:55
The Prop Shop at Buttonville airport is also good, and probably closer to where you are staying if you are near Downsview.

justcurious
31st Jul 2008, 20:20
For pilot trinkets, try the Dehavilland Store in the cafeteria across the parking lot from Flight Safety open tuesdays and thursdays at 1100 am.

They have deHavilland hats at the museum on the north end. Talk to the Chilean shuttle driver, and on a slow day, he'll run you up if you're just going to the store.

If you're really on a roll, there's a watch store in the YorkDale Mall with 7000 dollar pilot watches.

rigpiggy
1st Aug 2008, 19:26
focus people, he's at Downsview, and yes the strip is right beside the aviation store at pearson

nahsuD
6th Aug 2008, 01:36
alpha-b,

PM me. If the weather is good I go to YYZ on the weekends. I can give you a lift to Aviation World. There is also a way to get there by TTC. There is a bus from Lawrence subway station to the terminals at Pearson. It goes on Airport Rd. / Dixon and should stop at Carlingview, where Aviation world is.