PDA

View Full Version : Applying to Cathay

BrissySparkyCoit
28th Jul 2008, 09:22
Hi all. My girlfriend will have an interview next week for a flight attendants position with Cathay. Can anyone give me any tips to pass on to her for the interview? Questions she may be asked etc?

Bit of background. She lives in Taiwan, the position would require her to be based in HK. She studied in Australia, Bachelor of Business majoring in Human Resources, so she has excellent English skills. Has had work experience in the hospitality industry. Her height is right on 5'2"

Any tips would be appreciated!

myairways
28th Jul 2008, 18:42
Can I just ask if she can speak fluent in any form of chinese. Because I was got sent away because I couldn't speak any of the asian lauguages they are looking for. I was under the impression that they helped you like JAL do.

Thanks
myairways:)

BrissySparkyCoit
29th Jul 2008, 12:53
Yes, being Taiwanese, she can speak fluent Mandarin. Fluent English. No Cantonese. They are recruiting in Taiwan for Hong Kong based positions.

We are both is Hong Kong now and she is my translator! :ok:

BrissySparkyCoit
2nd Aug 2008, 08:45
hmmmm 88 views and no tips?? Interview is in 3 days time!

pbaby
2nd Aug 2008, 12:57
Being natural is the best way that make you get through!!
They're loking for a person who has a power to move people's mind!
Show your hospitality and smile all the time on your interview day!!
Don't judge others and get along well with them!! Be nice~~~

goood luck~

BrissySparkyCoit
3rd Aug 2008, 14:47
Thanks pbaby! We were in HK earlier this week, back to Taiwan now. I told her to check out the Cathay hosties while we were at the airport and try to do her makeup in a similar style for the interview. Dress very neatly, make sure her appearance is 110%. The wife of a mate was a Flight attendant with CX a few years ago. She suggested the above.

cocacola88
3rd Aug 2008, 16:09
as many people say.. just be yourself. that's most important really!
smile smile and again smile giving a excellent smile is very important.
CX is now recruiting Taiwanese crew to base in HKG. Mandarin as native would be fine.
prepare yourself for possibly being asked why you wanna become a cabin crew and why you choose CX and not other Airlines?
good luck!

BrissySparkyCoit
4th Aug 2008, 12:08
Yep. Already suggested that they may ask her that. Interview tomorrow. I'll be back in Australia by then! (I am of course, flying QF, so let's hope my flight isn't canceled!) Fingers crossed for her!

Londonlads
7th Aug 2008, 07:53
English should also be immaculate.

Crew have to pronounce each and every word separetly. Word by word.