PDA

View Full Version : Myself(a pilot)and my girlfriend(tv producer) looking to live in middle east.

Wilga
28th Jul 2008, 09:14
Hi all!
I hope your enjoying your time in the middle east.(if you are there!)
I am presently in the process of trying to look for work over there as a pilot. The only problem being that for pilots with relatively low experience, ATPL(frozen) and about 500 hours, It is very tough to find work as the supply of pilots with a similar amount of experience outweighs the demand. Therefore It is very useful to try and build some contacts as with any other industry to improve my chances of being successful with my hunt for work in UAE.
I presently work as a Flight Instructor in the UK for a well established flight school near London. However, my aim is to work for the Airlines or a corporate jet outfit over there in the UAE and my girlfriend and I are hoping to move out there asap as long as we can both find work.I am in my early thirties and my girlfriend is in her late twenties. Luckily she has managed to be quite succesfull in her job hunt so far and has a couple of opportunities looming on the horizon.
If anyone has come across any similar scenarios with expat pilots who are looking for work I'd be very interested in finding out any tips or getting any advice from you. This would be extremely helpful.
Thanks very much for reading and if you can offer any advice or assistance it would be very much appreciated.
Cheers. :ok:

JetRacer
28th Jul 2008, 11:48
Sorry i can't help you on your quest, BUT I think, and someone please correct me if I am wrong, that unless you are married then you and your girlfriend had better find 2 separate places to live! :eek::}:=

No living in sin in the UAE ...:(

Jet II
28th Jul 2008, 11:59
No shortage of living in sin out here - as long as you are both on independant residence visa's from your respective employers then you should have no problems.

sispanys ria
28th Jul 2008, 12:12
I confirm this is not a problem. People leaving here should be able to make the difference between what is forbidden and real life. I would still strongly recommend to get married should you have any chance to have a baby, since pregnancy out of marriage would be a problem and despite it can be hidden for a while, it's badly comfortable should you experience any medical problem.

I've already been in Dubai for a while with another occupation and it's still very difficult for me to find an FO position. I have similar profile as you (JAR Frozen ATPL and 3000 TT mainly turboprops) and without type rating and/or jet time it seems companies will manage without me...

If you're interested in some Emails and names you can PM me.
Beside this I think that as an instructor you may have opportunities which could be a good deal upon getting something better.

Good luck :ok:

2 Dogs
28th Jul 2008, 12:43
Horizon in Al Ain are probably looking for flying instructors.

Capt.Tentacles
4th Aug 2008, 19:25
Don't be afraid of the "M" word! & keep building time........

Good Luck!

Fly Safe ya'll!

Ayla
6th Aug 2008, 15:24
I say old chap, just send the lovely filly out here on her own, she'll be fine! You can follow in a couple of years!

Toodle Pip,

Terry Thomashttp://stuffem.files.wordpress.com/2007/02/terrythomas_2.jpg