PDA

View Full Version : What is this ?

henry crun
28th Jul 2008, 08:36
My son has just returned from Poland and saw this aircraft in a museum at Samolot.
He doesn't know what it is, and neither do I, but I don't want to admit it to him :) so please help me out and identify it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v712/crun9/wotisit.jpg

old,not bold
28th Jul 2008, 08:55
Well, it's a Samolot, perhaps with a more grammatical ending, but like your son I haven't a clue what type of Samolot.

I'll see if my Polish engineer friends can help.

mustpost
28th Jul 2008, 09:37
Israeli IAI-Lavi?

henry crun
28th Jul 2008, 09:50
Not a Lavi mustpost, that aircraft had a ventral intake like an F16 and canard foreplanes.

mustpost
28th Jul 2008, 09:54
Ah yes I see that and that would also be a bit new but I think I have another idea - will check it out.

mustpost
28th Jul 2008, 10:22
Aha - its a ZRPSL EM-10 Bielik - like this one - trainer.
Photos: ZRPSL EM-10 Bielik Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/ZRPSL-EM-10-Bielik/1000957/L/)

Checking the hisory, it also might be quite rare..

Added to say it looks like the same one but a bit tattier and they've mucked up the grass with weedol - in which case it's a model (according to airliners.net)

henry crun
28th Jul 2008, 10:37
Bingo ! Thank you mustpost, from the looks of that tree in the background your pic and mine are the same aircraft at the same location.

It isn't often I can score a point off my son, and I will confess to your help after a suitable period has elapsed. :D

mustpost
28th Jul 2008, 10:43
Thanks for that - took my mind off work for 45 minutes - my Polish is not too hot(!) but from what I can understand and see it looks like quite an intersting propositon for a small a/c - looks to have all moving wing surfaces, and one Polish site mentioned an element of thrust vectoring..:8

jumpuFOKKERjump
6th Aug 2008, 15:00
in which case it's a model (according to airliners.net)"Samolot!"

"Samolot!"

"Samolot!"

"Its only a model..."

"Shhhhh!"