PDA

View Full Version : Wg Cdr Robinson

wokawoka
27th Jul 2008, 12:45
Congratulations on the DFC!! Am I to understand that he is now Wg Cdr Robinson DFC Bar Bar??? 3 DFCs?
If this is true how many serving members are in receipt of such honours? How many from previous conflicts are still alive? Surely this must be close to unprecedented. :ok:

Hydraulic Palm Tree
27th Jul 2008, 20:03
I didn't think his middle name was Jeremy, but if it is him, that's just being greedy!!

Congrats to the other 7 Sqn chaps too.

If any of them want a job down under, get in touch!

Regards

HPT

PPRuNeUser0139
27th Jul 2008, 20:23
Just reading Desmond Scott's "One More Hour" tonight and came across a mention of Wg Cdr Bob Braham RAF who distinguished himself by collecting 3 DSOs, 3 DFCs and an AFC.
As Scottie says that level of achievement should have rated a VC.
sv

NutLoose
27th Jul 2008, 20:58
If he keeps this up it could be Wg Cdr Robinson DFC Bar Bar Bar, Bar Bar Barang :p;)

Archimedes
27th Jul 2008, 21:00
wokawoka, I wondered the same sort of thing when I learned of the award, and being a sad sort of chap, I had a look to find out. IIRC, he's the 47th man* to recieve a second bar to a DFC; he's probably the first to recieve all three in (what is laughingly called) 'peacetime'.

Without being even sadder and finding the relevant book, I can't say exactly how many of the other 46-odd are still with us, but 'not many' wouldn't be an unreasonable answer.

*I may have that slightly wrong, but the number is definitely less than fifty.

threeputt
27th Jul 2008, 21:07
I think it's Ba Ba Ba, Barbara Anne.

3P:ok:

Seldomfitforpurpose
27th Jul 2008, 21:48
"I think it's Ba Ba Ba, Barbara Anne."

Spelling police...............don't you just love them :p

Gainesy
28th Jul 2008, 07:51
Strewth, any links to his citations?

henry crun
28th Jul 2008, 10:24
sidevalve: If the subject interests you, Scramble by Bob Braham is still available.

PPRuNeUser0139
28th Jul 2008, 10:41
Thanks - I'll have a look at A*a*on to see if they have it.

sv

Union Jack
28th Jul 2008, 11:06
Spelling police...............don't you just love them :p

..... especially when they get it wrong themselves!:)

Jack

PS Many congratulations to Wing Cdr Robinson who, like Barbara Ann, has another ba(r) .... Well done, Sir!

exscribbler
28th Jul 2008, 15:27
Where have the Punctuation Police got to? There was more than one Beach Boy, wasn't there? :E

Congratulations to Wg Cdr Robinson; BZ, Sir! :ok:

threeputt
28th Jul 2008, 21:36
I've been away for a couple of days and found that my tongue in cheek comment has seemingly taken the emphasis away from an extremely talented and courageous young officer who has demonstrated consistent bravery and flying skill over a sustained period. For this I salute him and the rest of his crew, squadron and contemporaries.:D

Unlike some of you, I knew him during my last tour, some years ago, when he won the first of his gallantry awards .

I won't appologise for wishing to keep our language consistent and coherent so, if you don't like it then......................fine:rolleyes:.

3P:ok: