PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!!

pegleg
26th Oct 2000, 20:05
Could any of you boffins please help.
When I click on a forum, the page comes up and then after 1 second it flashes and comes back but it all shifts down the screen about one inch?
I think it started when the Prune site changed to include the banner adverts along the top. It is a bit annoying and spoils the enjoyment.
Thanks in anticipation

niteflite01
27th Oct 2000, 01:00
Hmmmm

Can you see the banners still or does the page load - they don't appear then it flickers and they pop up and everything shifts down?

Are you using IE 5 by any chance 'cause I do and my copy does the same?

------------------
"Go around..I say again...go around"

piloteddy
27th Oct 2000, 02:03
Mine does it too!

I dont think its your computer, it could just be the page updating. BUT if im wrong please correct me someone.

R O Tiree
27th Oct 2000, 02:08
Nope, can't help. I use Netscape Navigator and it does exactly the same. My advice is.... chill. It's only a teeny-weeny advert. It's how PpRuNe towers manages to keep this thing free.

matelot
27th Oct 2000, 11:04
The page loads, then the banner comes in again: it has to reload 'cos it may be a different banner, hence the page moving down.

Alle ist in Ordnung!

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

Feeton Terrafirma
27th Oct 2000, 16:20
Unfortunately this effect is due to the page moving down when the banner graphic is loaded. This could be avoided by a small change to the HTML for the page to specify the size of the banner before it's loaded, BUT you gota talk the author into that change.

Annoying isn't it.

------------------
Once I was VERY good, now I'm very good, once!