PDA

View Full Version : NAS Air

BizPilotBrazil
25th Jul 2008, 19:33
Hi guys!

Anyone know NAS Air?
NAS AIR (http://www.flynas.com/eng/careerspilots.html)

Any info. about this company???

Bye!

NZ X man
25th Jul 2008, 23:06
Lots of threads about NAS in Pprune, just seek and ye shall find.

CHeers:)

Immigrant
25th Jul 2008, 23:12
http://www.pprune.org/forums/middle-east/335541-nas-190s.html

newscaster
27th Jul 2008, 16:05
Launching Karachi soon.

Stallmanager
27th Jul 2008, 17:04
www.flynas.com (http://www.flynas.com) :)

finalaproch
27th Jul 2008, 21:21
i have got feed back from nas as a capt. does any one has an idea ,what next how is their interview looks like .thanks

Reepicheep
28th Jul 2008, 18:40
Lot's of negative feedback about this outfit; if anyone has a positive experience with NAS please let us know!

spearomic
29th Jul 2008, 02:23
Anyone got anything ? How's life, roster, upgrade...

Fly Ginger
29th Jul 2008, 08:19
I get paid:}

FlyingOrange
29th Jul 2008, 18:55
Yes you do Ginger one... and you don't even fly like the rest of us!!!

See you soon ... maybe

Fly Ginger
30th Jul 2008, 07:29
A pilot who doesn't even fly.............who would have believed it!! I will be back soon, just waiting for the ticket to be issued. Sim on monday. Damn:}

grippen
30th Jul 2008, 12:23
Just wondering where you guys are getting your salary information from? Is there anybody on this forum who's actually working for NAS that can confirm what the pay really is? Feel free to PM me if you like. Thanks. :confused:

FlyingOrange
31st Jul 2008, 06:23
Grippen, Taken from my pay slip.

Basic Salary for a Capt is 33914 SAR, on duty 345 pdiem. + 13 month salary. Not the best but its a part time job 35/31 ... you just can't beat that. Or if like Ginger a no time job ;-)

All accom, transport is covered by company, you spend is the occasional meal, phone calls and net. So out here spending money is difficult unless you want to by a Hummer and a Harley to play with!

Life out here is very cheap, you can get a great meal for 30 SAR.

wonder
31st Jul 2008, 11:34
Don't go there.

Stallmanager
31st Jul 2008, 14:51
no more 35/31, new project will offer you one of these;

11/1 or 6/2 or 6/3

sorry to say :mad:

FlyingOrange
31st Jul 2008, 21:12
stall... just watch this space.

35/31 will be back soon for new joiners... otherwise planes will not fly

cadet_hani
31st Jul 2008, 23:06
To be very honest living cost in saudi arabia is very cheap... U can get a great meal just in 30sr and fuel's also very cheap its not even 1 riyal...U can save aloot in KSA

diablo_caliente
8th Aug 2008, 14:35
Just heard the 2nd stage of the NAS recruitment has started..Good luck to all..

Tiburon peligroso
8th Aug 2008, 15:40
can anybody give a recent overview of how NAS are doing?

coolbreez
8th Aug 2008, 22:14
heard news of Jeddah base is it true. :confused:

diablo_caliente
9th Aug 2008, 14:45
Hi cool
Was not told of a base in Jeddah...However the SIM is there.

PM me if you like.

Tiburon peligroso
12th Aug 2008, 22:23
Was wondering if all you guys are happy so far with NAS? How was the initial SIM training program? And the subsequent line training?

Accomodation standard? And general feeling within the ranks? etc

Feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks.
TP.

LoserInLife
13th Aug 2008, 19:33
Same here.....would like to know....

Black Zero 2
18th Aug 2008, 06:47
As an ex employee of NAS, I would strongly advise all to avoid this joke of an airline.I managed to receive all that they owed me after fighting them through the Saudi legal system, not something easily achieved by an expat. The company is rotten to the core,lieing, cheating, backstabbing and as an airline totally unsafe. Just some of the delights NAS has to offer.The majority of expats have left and those still there are trying to escape ASAP.Believe me I have been there and lived it. It just ain't worth it.BE WARNED!

JOB HUNTER
18th Aug 2008, 15:10
Can you give us more info about the reason to avoid them . thank you.
also a PM is great.

NAScrew
19th Aug 2008, 06:54
At moment this is not company to join.

121 DFO is vry short of staff so he decide best way is to make work all work harder. So he change 35 31 to 6 3 but not more money.

Pilot from US join on 35 31 and on day 1 told he on 6 3 by 121 DFO, he leave that day

contrct not being follwed 121 DFO ignore and try do as he wish, he is god he think

rotation do not start till end of train, but that depend on trainers as not many so can take long time.

promis nice western compund but live in shabby hotel in city Golden Toulip Andalusia. have mosque next to it so start call to prayer at 0400

recurent training done in off time but can take up 10 ten days and not payd

121 DFO he have career caption, no rspect for him by anyone even his fellow jordans. Hear he was sack by last 2 company. he break and make rule as he like he thinks he is God and can do as wish. he trained 3 FO in 3 days, but they need 25 hr each. he want to forget FTL as does crewin and they will try and fly you over limit

If you come here only do 35 31 otherwise STAY AWAY until 121 DFO go.

emb fleet is in chaos they offer trainer $20,000 a month to try and get fly started but some fail GACA exam. emb will stay parked for a while yet

Beside that pilot and crew good folk, just do not join while S AlB is still on power trip

sealy101
19th Aug 2008, 07:42
what is the pay for fo's at nas (us)

JOB HUNTER
19th Aug 2008, 12:10
Nas Crew ,
thank you for all the info. for the time being I keep my application locked in the pc.
Keep me uptodate! PLEASE

Have a nice day

diablo_caliente
21st Aug 2008, 09:37
Disappointing to read the latest threads.. But I guess it's just the way it is these days! Power plays, corner cutting, backstabing and lies. And all the guilty are filling their pockets. Why don't these undesirables get removed before it's too late?

JOB HUNTER
21st Aug 2008, 12:46
I am sorry if I said something wrong or unpolite .
please let me know where I made a mistake.
for the time being I apologie to you.
At the first occasion i will pay two drinks to excuse myself

metro301
21st Aug 2008, 13:59
Job Hunter, he was talking about NAS management not you.

FlyingOrange
21st Aug 2008, 16:21
While I would not comment on much of your post, you say UNSAFE AIRLINE which I draw a line at as obviously you have an axe to grind but keep to the fact's.

Most of the Captains here come from good carriers and are totally professional, we did not collect our Spurs and start flying like T<"$t's when we came to the company. We fly as professionally and safely as we did with our previous airline's... and continue to do so.

As for your quote about many western pilots leaving; some are, as with every airline but many of us are very happy with our 35/31, and will continue with it. So once again would prefer the facts and not your warped view.

This company is not for everyone, it has its pro's and con's, you'll soon know if its for you. But 35/31 is the best in the world, brand new aircraft, pay is good and goes in on time (even early most months). There are a number of con's ... but they have been mentioned already.

Fly Safe, I DO.

If in doubt, there is NO DOUBT

747fanatic
21st Aug 2008, 21:23
appreciate your candid response.

goriding
22nd Aug 2008, 05:40
So, is the roster 35 on, and 31 off? There were previous posts saying this was not the case. I have someone close to setting up an interview, but all that has been mentioned is 6 weeks on 2 weeks off, which I don't think I am interested in. A month on month off would be quite doable.

Thanks for your info.

diablo_caliente
22nd Aug 2008, 08:42
Hi Job Hunter. Was not refering to you buddy. But I will take the 2 free drinks!!!

FlyOrange.
Was happy to read your positive post. Thanks!

Im still waiting on some final details. Either 6/2 or 6/3. With tks in and out.
Could you answer the following if possible?

How is the accomodation in the compound?

How is the initial training, sim and line?

You're welcome to pm if you prefer.
Thanks
DC

JOB HUNTER
22nd Aug 2008, 14:21
even three drinks if you wish.
I misundestood your thread.
I hope to meet you in RUH . even if i prefer Jeddah.
I have a question :
what do you mean "per calendar month" ?
if you mean that you receive money EVERY month or only the month on?
Thanks

diablo_caliente
22nd Aug 2008, 14:33
JobH
I think you are refering to my quote 6/2 6/3

I was refering to, 6 wks on 2 off..or 6 on 3 off..

But Ive heard this offer is not good at all..since the NAS drivers are doing 35 days on and 31 off...for the same dow!
Good luck
Caio

JOB HUNTER
22nd Aug 2008, 18:09
I refer to 35/31 but i understood that now , unfortunatly, your roster is 6/3 or 6/2 .
My doubt is you are paid every month or only when you work?
I mean every first day of the month ( for example) you receive the salary or you are not paid during the off periods?
Sorry for my english , it is little bit complicated because i think in italian before and then i write in english.
Take care .

TWOTBAGS
22nd Aug 2008, 21:42
I work for another division of NAS on 35/31 rotation and yes we get paid our basic every month.

The per diem is obviously paid for the month on, however this is now bundled into our salary and spread evenly over the year. Not too sure if this is how its done in NAS Air.

Last thing I want to say is, as per everyday in our career’s we make choices. We trade payload for fuel, speed for fuel economy, this job is a choice, where you trade block time off lifestyle for ……life in the Kingdom and is associated limitations.

Choose wisely grasshopper :E

Fly Ginger
23rd Aug 2008, 13:25
This was put to me this morning

"Once you are out of the office politics and flying the line, things are fine"

Then again, what do i know!!

PS, looks like HR will honour anyone who sighned the job offer with 35/31 written on it. For now anyway

Black Zero 2
24th Aug 2008, 06:35
Please be advised that I have no axe to grind. I managed to get what they owed me.

My comment regarding Safety Issues is my personal opinion based on my prior training and experience, which is of a significantly higer standard than what is currently being offered by NAS.

My comments are not to offend merely an insight into what I experienced at NAS.

For all those still there, if you are happy then al hamdulelah! I am happy for you.

However, if asked to offer any advise about this company then based on my experience my advice is to stay away. The rest is up to the individual.

Tiburon peligroso
24th Aug 2008, 07:49
Black zero
thanks for your last post. Thats fair enough, you are entitled to share your experiences. It makes for a balanced outlook for we guys thinking about going there. I hope some other fella's can shed more positive experiences. Good luck.
Thanks
TP

diablo_caliente
25th Aug 2008, 07:30
Hi B752
Is the 35/31 gig directly with NAS, or via an agency?
Thanks
DC.

747fanatic
25th Aug 2008, 07:59
And are you rated?

Fly Ginger
25th Aug 2008, 12:16
The 35 has just gone................for now anyway.

mutt
25th Aug 2008, 17:48
Is it true that out of 6 new hires, 4 failed their GACA orals......

Have the E190's started operational services yet?

Mutt

Fly Ginger
25th Aug 2008, 19:23
your grapevine is red hot again. Not quite that simple, but i couldn't possibly comment as i am a company man.............my contract tells me so!!

diablo_caliente
26th Aug 2008, 08:29
Hi 747fantastic.
Yes rated!

thekiwicappy
26th Aug 2008, 20:36
I do not understand all this negative talk guys! From what I understand with the NAS Netjets ME gig, the money is good, obviously great if you're a cappy, the roster is sweet with 35 on 31 off, you get to base yourself anywhere in the world for your month off - NZ for example..! and the aircraft and routes are fantastic. I believe you start on the Hawker 800, nice! Whats not to like about that..?! I'd sign up for life on those terms!

Also, I have a friend who has been there for several years now and he rates the job and conditions very highly with little to no complaints.

Hey, whilst I'm here, does anyone know a good way to help prepare for sim and interview with Netjets ME. If I was to get an interview, I wouldn't want to mess up such a wonderful opportunity..

Just my small spin on the whole deal! Cheers!!

mutt
27th Aug 2008, 05:59
I do not understand all this negative talk guys!..... Could it be that people are complaining about NAS AIR and NOT NetJets Middle East?

and the aircraft and routes are fantastic..... A320 and E190 operating domestically within Saudi Arabia and some close countries...

Be careful about jumping into threads with both feet :):)

Mutt

sabino
2nd Sep 2008, 23:38
check PM.....BPB.
Cheers

CATSANDOGS
22nd Oct 2008, 00:16
Howzit guys,
it's end of October, Storm pilot hire is publishing 6/2 or 6/3. Any confirmation on that? Thanks

danger close
22nd Oct 2008, 08:05
Where would you go, EY or NJME?

a4mrav8r
22nd Oct 2008, 17:22
Hi Catsanddogs,
I received the same 6/2 or 6/3 offer from Storm also within the past few days.
Best wishes.

Dagar
23rd Oct 2008, 18:44
how easy or difficult is the process for license conversion and how are the exams including the oral before you are cleared to fly for NAS??

pro
23rd Oct 2008, 19:34
are over 60s getting the iqama?

Fly Ginger
24th Oct 2008, 11:55
Over 60's yes, i have not heard that there is any diferrence in the application process.

I think in response to the other question you should ask yourself how easy or difficult is it to take the FAA ATPL exam and aural. As you are from that side of the pond, it might be better asking one of the ever increasing number of septics we have here for thier opinion (sorry boys - couldn't resist).

Now y'all, Fly Ginger:}

FlyingOrange
24th Oct 2008, 16:36
Ginger,

Stop baiting the Yanks...... thats my job!!!

jetjockey737
26th Oct 2008, 17:28
can anyone please send a contact name and number for me to contact at NAS.

PM if you like

Thanks in anticipation

JJ

JOB HUNTER
26th Oct 2008, 18:41
Hi Everybody,
I need a phone number and a contact to talk a little bit about a job at NAS too.
Thanks 4 help

TWOTBAGS
27th Oct 2008, 17:19
190'S FLYING!!!!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z96/redlum5x5/Photo-0151_edited.jpg

As I sat on the ramp at OEGS for 4 hours today this 190 came in and out, so they are actually flying. Heard on the grape vine that the LTE crew and plane are going back soon.

Taken with my camera phone so dont knock the quality!:E

JOB HUNTER
27th Oct 2008, 18:30
that's great!!!!!!!!!!!!

mutt
28th Oct 2008, 03:57
that's great!!!!!!!!!!!!......Not really when you consider that they got them in the 1st qtr 2008....... Poor show, actually!

Mutt

Fly Ginger
28th Oct 2008, 09:43
Mutt...........you of all people here should know that there is far more to this on-going saga than meets the eye. Not quite first quarter either. Global shortage of trained (and experienced) crews, GACA, managerial changes and cultural differences have all played their part in delaying an aircraft into service in a time frame that was frankly un-achievable. (by the way, while i am on this frankly absurd rant, they are 195's, OK!!)

Did i mention GACA. Although i'm on the toulouse tree-trimmer, it took me 136days to get a licence validation. One e-mail from GACA to the CAA, one e-mail back. Even at the most conservative of estimates, most of the hoards of workers we have in the command nerve centre in RUH could knock out one e-mail in a day...................possibly. Or maybe tommorow. Definately the day after.

I'm not sure EMB work on those lead times for delivery.........."You ordered it,we've built it, do you want it at this price or what??" is probably more like it. Anyway, our new friends (??) at the big airline in OEJN are training lots and lots and lots of crews...........well, a few anyway, so things are on the up for the ugly little jungle jet.

Damm, there i go again, sticking up for the company. 100 lines;

Must stop sticking up for the company
Must stop sticking it to the company

Now you have all been told before to Fly Ginger:E

whatisnew
29th Oct 2008, 20:04
Stay Away
Stay Away
Stay Away

LoserInLife
29th Oct 2008, 20:42
whatisnew
Stay Away
Stay Away
Stay Away
Why?
Why?
Why?

cameltoad
29th Oct 2008, 22:09
Dear Loser in Life before you listen to threads like this please ask a few basic questions like,
1 do you work there?
2 have you ever even been to the middle east much less Saudi?
remember, no matter where you go there are always those 5% of the guys that are going to make mountains of molehills and are basically not happy unless they are whinning. NAS is not perfect, but they pay you on time, they stick to the contract you signed, even 6 on 3 off is pretty good, yes we all miss women and an occasional beer but considering the aviation job market, especially back in the states its not a bad gig.

LoserInLife
30th Oct 2008, 00:20
Thanks for the insight on NAS. I just wanted to know what his reasoning was for writing stay away.

BadAndy
30th Oct 2008, 00:41
Global shortage of trained (and experienced) crews,

What you mean to say here is that there is a global shortage of trained (and experienced) crews willing to come to Saudi Arabia for the ever worsening terms and conditions that NAS is offering. Not to mention, there is a shortage of people willing to put up with the horrendous application process, the communication process (or lack there of), and the nearly impossible process of getting a Saudi Visa.

(Not to mention their definition of experienced is certainly bizarre... They were the first company to ever tell me that PIC time on an E170, between Chicago and Des Moines a few times a day, is more beneficial for flying an E195 in Saudi than command time on the B747 and B757, actually flying in Saudi (along with SIC in the E190. Go figure.........)

jungledrvr
30th Oct 2008, 15:06
What all is involved in the GACA medical? Is it similar to the FAA medical?

mutt
30th Oct 2008, 21:33
In theory the GACA medical is the FAA medical....

Mutt

cameltoad
31st Oct 2008, 10:13
jungledrvr,
The GACA medical is identical to the FAA, and my personal experence with it here it is very quick and the absolute min. required :cool:

LoserInLife
2nd Nov 2008, 08:19
Anyone else waiting a very long time for visa paperwork?

777pilot
3rd Nov 2008, 09:02
It is been one month now for me and no news.

Fubaliera
3rd Nov 2008, 11:24
Has it been one month since you signed your contract or since you applied

LoserInLife
3rd Nov 2008, 11:52
A little over a month (since signing) for me also. The problem seems to be with Flight Crew Solutions at least in my case.

777pilot
3rd Nov 2008, 13:29
One month since signed the contract. And i go directly with Al Kezzi.

Dustwing
4th Nov 2008, 18:17
hello,

does anybody knows any number for contacting NAS operations?

best regards

Duster

CATSANDOGS
28th Dec 2008, 19:24
I got a bit confused here, Storm is doing 6/2, 6/3 interviews, as I mentioned before. Just met a guy who has a recent 35/31 contract. Is this subject to negotiation or what? And are there both types of contracts working alongside together? Also it seems, even rated people do the rating again...this is confirmed news. A GACA idea or just the way to get in? Thanks.

Air767
28th Dec 2008, 21:00
Anyone coming up with another Embraer delivery to NAS Air?Last time flew 1 over Malta!!
<Malcolm

Speedbake
28th Dec 2008, 21:32
Hi,

I know there is a lot of negative & positive talk about Nas Air. I am interested in applying to Nas Air, but am wondering if they are taking on people who are
not rated, but have jet time like 737? and would they provide the type rating? I am very much interested to fly A320. I read from some of the post that
Storm is doing the selection ...any chance of applying direct..to Nas Air since
the application is on line. is the package different? is there a choice of EMB or BUS ...? Any feedback will be appreciated. Almost forgot any contact
tele. # at Nas Air would be appreciated

Happy flying

hjmemon
29th Dec 2008, 03:39
Yes, would really appreciate a contact for NAS people, especially the Chief Pilot.
Thanks for the help,
HJM

Fly Ginger
30th Dec 2008, 12:41
1. I don't know who the chief pilot is.

2. The internet connection is down so even if you had an address to send it to it wouldn't go through anyway.

3. It will be sent through to fred anyway as everyone else will go "it's not my job" and pass it on to anyone who shows interest.

There has been no official line from those that shall be obeyed on future contracts, new hiring etc..........and as such, although i have been contacted by quite a few people about contracts/hiring/visas/accomodation, i have stayed quiet (most unlike me!!) as i have not wanted to say anything that is incorrect or untrue - or change in the coming weeks/months.

What i am trying to say is that i know nothing........quite probably even less than that. Best way really;)

Now then............Fly Ginger:E

Bukkake
30th Dec 2008, 18:16
3. It will be sent through to fred anyway as everyone else will go "it's not my job" and pass it on to anyone who shows interest.

Yes Fred.......that means it will never go anywhere, well except maybe a filing cabinet for all eternity.

But hey, there's always tomorrow...

It's always "tomorrow"...

Inshalla!

Oosik
30th Dec 2008, 18:54
Don't know who the DFO is, but has been there soooo long that he knows which nite the "beenie weenies" are served as the main course.:ok:

Mister Geezer
30th Dec 2008, 23:54
Last I heard was that Fred was leaving? So he is still responsible for recruitment?

FlyingOrange
31st Dec 2008, 08:09
Oosik

He said he didn't know who the Chief Pilot is!!! No-one does, is there one???

We all know the DFO.

Bukkake

Love the title, but you ain't gonna get that in Saudi, unless you pay the Tunisian girls!!!!

cameltoad
31st Dec 2008, 09:06
SOMEONE must have gotten up on the wrong side of the tent this morning;) This is not your usual chipper self, you must have had to good off rotation and like me in shock of being back:cool:

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son,,, but it has worked so far:ok:

Fly Ginger
1st Jan 2009, 17:46
Nearly fell off my chair:D

Fat drunk and stupid is no way to go through life son,,,

Who's been reading my diary:}

Mister Geezer
5th Jan 2009, 15:09
So is Fred still at NAS??? :confused:

Fly Ginger
5th Jan 2009, 15:28
I've unplugged my crystal ball for the night, sorry.

Mister Geezer
5th Jan 2009, 18:21
I've unplugged my crystal ball for the night, sorry.

Bit early when it is only 19:28 in the Kingdom???

Marco Vinicio
21st Jan 2009, 19:13
Hallo everbody,
so at the end..... to make a resume of all, actually what is the pay per month 4 F/O & Cpt, there is one contract or it changes from who your presented?, accomodation in htl or some where else? and is it paid from Nas and how much? Health care? Crew Roster? and the any and everything could help to have a clear view of all.....!!!
Thanks to U all.....
Take care..

EMBPilot
26th Jan 2009, 10:53
guys any idea how to apply there? hows the money?

Bukkake
29th Jan 2009, 18:43
StinkyMonkey wrote:
My impression is that they are unbelievably disorganized.

That's a pretty damn good impression!

Are you sure you don't already work here?

EMBPilot
1st Feb 2009, 16:40
many thanks for the help .. whom i should contact in NAS .. Fred was really cooperative and he responds to my email very quick ... is he the man in charge?

regards

StinkyMonkey
1st Feb 2009, 18:01
Just to be 100% sure, I checked my paycheck. No I don't work there...
I would be forthcoming with more information if I did.

Starbear
5th Mar 2009, 17:44
I have sent you a PM , hope you don't mind.

SB

Fly Ginger
6th Mar 2009, 21:59
Why, thank you.

FlyingOrange
11th Mar 2009, 09:29
So as of 1st April (not a April Fool) Al Kayala suspends operations.

Big meeting today at 11am.

What is happening to crews (cabin)

Where are the aircraft going??

FO

FlyingOrange
11th Mar 2009, 15:33
All crew currenty employed are being offered;

Transfer to BBJ fleet on 6/3 or 6/2
Transfer to NJME, T & C yet to be decided
Office job, full time
Termination ... with 1 month salary.

No talk about the aircraft, what they are doing with them.

Looks like they are after more pilots, at least this time they are conducting a 3 day assesment in Jordan, so we on't have the same 'problems' we had last time.

mutt
12th Mar 2009, 05:17
An airline goes bust and it rates 2 posts in the ME forum..... :(

How is NASAIR doing?

Mutt

goldllocks
13th Mar 2009, 21:12
flying orange

I was hoping you could maybe give me some info - i was due to fly out to
Riyadh to start with Kayala as cabincrew wed 18th mar! got a phone call on wed givin me the bad news that its a no go after waiting since dec, i have my visa and everything and was excited to start and now im unemployed with absolutely no options as no airline is recruiting.
They said on the phone that they are going to have a discussion sat/sun and will inform us early next week if they can put us anywhere else within the NAS group- do you see that happening when they obviously have existing crew to look after first?
Would any of you guys in Saudi already have any info on who to contact next for any work? I am ex EK
I cant believe the bad luck expecially when its so hard to get a job at this time anyway to be honest i never thought for a minute Saudi would be affected by the credit crunch!
we were meant to start end of Feb yet they put it bk due to some girls visas not being ready.:uhoh:
incha allah!! i suppose eh!:sad:

FlyingOrange
13th Mar 2009, 22:35
Goldlocks, check your PM

Iver
14th Mar 2009, 01:19
Hey Flyingorange,

I thought Kayala operated Airbus aircraft and not Boeings? So, I presume Kayala pilots will be trained on other aircraft and bonded for that training.

Of these options you listed:

Transfer to BBJ fleet on 6/3 or 6/2
Transfer to NJME, T & C yet to be decided

Whose BBJ fleet? What are the pros/cons of each option in your mind? For NJME there are several fleet types (Hawker, Falcon and Gulfstream) - do you know how they would determine fleet type allocated?

Sorry to hear about the shut down - good luck to all.

mutt
14th Mar 2009, 04:06
Whose BBJ fleet?

Ministry of Finance, 2 aircraft.

Mutt

FlyingOrange
14th Mar 2009, 09:47
Only the Cabin Crew have lost their jobs, the pilots all flew Kayala, NAS and a few other Airbus's.

As they are taking another 3 bus's in near future their jobs are relatively safe.

It is the CC who took the hit. It now seems that only 12 can go to BBJ fleet and they have to apply to NJME as although owned by NAS they are seperate, and not recruiting.

Immigrant
15th Mar 2009, 17:12
And How about E-jets guys??:bored:

Fly Ginger
15th Mar 2009, 20:36
So i go on holiday and then this happens...............

I will miss the food!!

cameltoad
16th Mar 2009, 17:26
hey ginger,
yes, I am lamenting the loss of actual good inflight food as well, when are you and the hubby back? oh, and by the way, with you guys gone, who is monitoring the "experiment" in the laundry room? Those things can go thermonuclear if gotten to hot, no way to release psi. etc.

4HolerPoler
17th Mar 2009, 06:11
"The horse" is no more.

Middle Eastern luxury carrier Kayala Airline is to suspend operations in April, citing uneconomical trading conditions. The carrier is operated through Saudi Arabia's National Air Services and conducts flights with Airbus A319s configured with low-density 44-seat interiors. Kayala operates on a limited number of routes, connecting Riyadh, Jeddah and Dubai. But National Air Services chief Sulaiman Abdullah Al-Hamdan says that, having carried out a study on Kayala's financial return, the company has decided the carrier is "no longer feasible". Al-Hamdan says the parent company is having to incur an "unbearable huge cost" to support the airline at a time when demand is falling and the economic outlook is poor. He says he expects customers to "understand the management decision and the rationale behind it". Al-Hamdan adds, however, that National Air Services is not giving up on the business model and is studying options for a possible future project.

Bukkake
17th Mar 2009, 14:58
Contract meeting with pilots and management today at NAS HQ:

Looks like 35/31 and all Storm contracts may get terminated soon. Expect a full-time or 6/3 rotation for everyone in the near future along with a significant pay reduction. Also, with the 6/3 rotation, the company will only pay for 3 tickets home per year.

Iver
17th Mar 2009, 21:23
So, will the impacted pilots all go to NAS Airbuses or will some go to the EMB fleet?

FlyingOrange
23rd Mar 2009, 17:10
Looks like NAS no longer care to honour any contracts they have with Pilots or Cabin Crew.

Cabin crew told that they can now resign with 1 day notice, but the agreement is reciprocal and they can terminate you with 1 days notice.

Pilots told that old contract will all be gone and will be forced, or leave, to sign new ones. New ones are longer times in Saudi, time off unpaid, only 2 return tickets per year, LESS MONEY.

Time to polish the CV up

Bukkake
23rd Mar 2009, 23:02
This place is sinking fast. The band is even playing, but it's some kind of awful Indian/Pakistani music. Oh wait, that's just my daily ride to the airport.

eekTheCat
24th Mar 2009, 02:52
The management, at the 2nd meeting, withdrew the severance package (1 month basic pay) even though it was put up as one of the 4 options when they had the first meeting regarding Kayala suspension. NAS is clearly breaching the cc's contract. Can anything be done about it? Anyone with any experience with Saudi Labour Law, your advice will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :ugh:

airbusbatics
24th Mar 2009, 04:58
Guys, I think that time has arrived:

EVACUATE! EVACUATE! EVACUATE!

Bukkake
24th Mar 2009, 11:01
Any further info on when the current contracts will be terminated?

Fly Ginger
24th Mar 2009, 13:57
If we do have to evcuate quickly, there will have to be a large "ginger" ale session.

My central nervous system is shuddering at the mere thought:}

Back on thursday. Will someone order me a cab, the nice people at BMI will hopefully be showing me the full range of their hospitality - plus i get the lounge at LHR so it's all free now!! I might not have the full use of my mobile telephone upon arrival.

Now then, do as your told and Fly Ginger:ok:

FlyingOrange
24th Mar 2009, 15:15
May not be in full control of your mobile phone.... last time you got off the BMI flight you were barely in control of your bladder!!!! we have the photos!!!!

But Thur night looks like a meeting in the 'Tree' Bar, crew from Al K may be coming over.... nice to see you giving OTHER peoples beer away.

Text me with time for flight, I'll arrange .......... BITCH

Fly Ginger
25th Mar 2009, 10:31
now then now then then now.......then, i will be on my best behavior....................ish:}

Will that be a party or a wake, could be an interesting evening - i'll bring some goggles of the sid variety.

I'm ginger, fly me..........Bitch:E

kkholidaze
29th Mar 2009, 18:26
Have a couple friends that left under the Storm contract to fly the 195's Haven't been able to reach them to get the latest. Are they affected with all the changes as well? Are their contracts being honored or was it a bad idea to go?

newscaster
30th Mar 2009, 19:19
Both NAS and Sama have quit South Asia region, NAS was doing Karachi and Sama Mumbai.

Who represented NAS in Pakistan, they didnt advertsie their service, no GSA or office was setup, only a ground handler Shaheen Airport Services at KHI listed them as one of their clients.

jetman61
30th Mar 2009, 20:28
they now belong to the diwan (royal court)

FlyingOrange
30th Mar 2009, 20:52
Newscaster.

NAS have not quit SE Asia, they have not even started them yet.!!!!

............................................................ ..................................................

cantbeafoolinlove
31st Mar 2009, 04:19
30 March->Walking out of Arabasco terminal JED, Khayala counters were there.
31 March-> Walking in the terminal, no counters.
First time seen saudi's moving so quick (no offense, to be taken as a joke:))
Lets hope for the best for all the affected personnels, and as I heard espcially the Cabin crew.
Happy Flying.
CBAFIL

ni si ni no
10th Apr 2009, 16:34
Any news about Amman 16th interviews?

Fly Ginger
11th Apr 2009, 09:15
Ahhhhhhhhh.................good to see this rubbish is still going.

Now, has he gone yet, or is he going...........anytime soon??

Come now gentlemen, everybody knows who "HE" is:}

FlyingOrange
11th Apr 2009, 09:58
Ginger Bitch,

We all know who 'HE' is.....

the questin is does 'HE' know who 'HE' is?

Interviews in Amman??

Amazed since they can't decide if they need crews, don't need crews!!

spartanzapata
20th Apr 2009, 15:55
There is too much of uncertainity in the company Headoffice. No one is really sure where is the company headed and who will finally be responsible for whatever happens to it?:confused:
The issue of contract change has been taken very seriously by all the pilots and I think both, management and pilots, are at loggers head with eachother with no headway in sight for now. The problem had started when some wiseguy in the HR expected around one hundred guys to get impressed by his motivational letter and change the contract on two days notice...:ugh:
"He" is still confused and still posing to be "Look busy Do nothing"(LBDN).
I believe the company had a lot of potential to make a big name but power struggle within resulted in where we stand today..struggling to stay afloat!!
There is still time..management please wake up to the reality and start taking sensible decisions .. just simple decisions requiring common sense!

cantbeafoolinlove
20th Apr 2009, 16:02
Just recently seen an EMB in NAS livery on the other side of apron 16 ( i believe apron 11, arabasco maintainance hanger).
Is there any recruiting going on new pilots on EMB fleet?
Whats the contact for NAS except for the email mentioned on the website?
CBAFIL

spartanzapata
20th Apr 2009, 17:09
Dear Cbafil
Everyone's responsibility is no one's responsibility...and that is exactly the problem that is plaguing NAS.
A lot of new faces are appearing on the scene but when they were inducted, how and by whom remains a mystery.
To start with you may call up this number +966xxxxxxxxxxxx. His name is Khaled and is one of the sensible guys in HR deptt. He should be the right link to start with in your quest to join NAS:ok:.
best of luck

Sorry guys but despite how nice & sensible Khaled may be, I seriously doubt he wants his mobile number posted on an internet forum. You can always PM spartanzapata. 4HP

cantbeafoolinlove
20th Apr 2009, 19:49
Thankss for prompt and on the point response. I wish rest of the PPRUNE member could act the same way before chewing the new members down by words. :}
Thumbs up to you:ok:.
CBAFIL

spartanzapata
20th Apr 2009, 20:43
I have just sent you a pm..could you please reply to that!

Fly Ginger
21st Apr 2009, 19:10
Note to oneself....................."must not put down other members of Pprune, and to stay on point"

Sounds a bit too grown up methinks;)

spartanzapata
24th Apr 2009, 14:36
hey Ginger or nyone else who may know, wat's de status of new contract move?how many hv switched or hw many to go?wats going to b de fate of old contractees?

FlyingOrange
25th Apr 2009, 21:24
Well they went down like lead balloons... nobody has signed unless there normal contract was about to expire. HR Director pulls pilots into office when he sees them and trys to put tumb screws on to make them sign!

Looks like NAS wants to end its partnership with Storm as well, so all those contracts will be phased out very soon and it will be NAS contract or nothing. The NAS is less than the existing contract, and lots of other little bundles of joy, like training in off rotation, not enough tickets home per year etc etc. Plus there is ONLY a Full Time contract for FO's.

To top that we are short of pilots, and they rely quite heavily on overtime, so the new HR Director thought he could save money by slashing overtime rates...... GREAT THINKING ... now no one does overtime!!!. Makes you wonder which Frostie's packet he got his qualification out of!!

The last airbus arrives next month, no more expected till 2012 for NAS so no growth... = no command upgrades no matter what they say at interview.

Looks like new DFO in very soon. ... going to be interesting!!!!!

spartanzapata
25th Apr 2009, 22:38
well I didn't know that Dir HR is so desperate to make the people change over to the new contracts. I also fail to see why is he so anxious on doing this? when he was placing his butt in the seat he should have known or maybe told by the soon-to-go MDFO how things are going to be implemented. Things were already bad and this measure has made them worse.
I think they have not been properly briefed on how to run an organization outside of banking industry. But in any case they should have had a "disengagement strategy" in place to wriggle out of a situation of this kind. Or maybe they still are thinking that their plan is working..i would not be surprised if that is so!!
I think one thing would go a long way in drilling some sense in these "piggy bank" heads and that is we let them know about pprune.org!!
Happy landing guys...for as long as you are landing!!

kkholidaze
27th Apr 2009, 20:26
Looks like bad news on the NAS front. According to their website (under careers) they are no longer looking for pilots at all. NAS AIR (http://www.flynas.com/eng/careers.html) Says "Temporarily on hold" in flashing red. Not sure whats going on seeing how Storm was actively still trying to place 190 expats their last week with no end in site. Whats the word from any of you guys there?

Bukkake
28th Apr 2009, 08:24
No more aircraft deliveries after next month and the two 195's going to Ukraine. This is why they have halted pilot hiring. But the good news for anyone wanting to come here is that the new contracts will stimulate a lot more attrition, so the hiring freeze will only last a short time. The bad news is that you will be living in Riyadh on a permanent basis and will be making less than you would have six months ago.

Good Luck

mutt
28th Apr 2009, 10:34
and the two 195's going to Ukraine Does this mean that NAS are getting rid of the Embraers? Or only 2 of them?

Mutt

metro301
28th Apr 2009, 14:12
Anyone know the name of the Ukrainian Operator?

spartanzapata
28th Apr 2009, 16:31
bukkake i dont think there is going to be any attrition of any kind for whatever reason. people would leave only when their contract period expires and that would probably be on Airbus not on the embraers. And that too will not be before 2010. If the company tries to fire pilots for not accepting the new contracts or for not relinquishing their existing contracts, it could mean lot of troubles in the company.

Bukkake
29th Apr 2009, 04:46
With the loss of the 195's, there will still be three 190's here.

desertopsguy
29th Apr 2009, 06:21
Echo Metro301's comment...any gen on where in Ukraine they are headed?

The air transport sector there in Ukraine is under pressure due to a contracting market and the current economic climate. There are only 2 main carriers (Ukraine Intl and Aerosvit) and 1 smaller one (Donbas aero which itself is majority owned by Aerosvit I believe). The fleets for the 2 main ones are old by M.East / Euro standards, mostly tired B737-200/300 and some 500's.

It would be interesting to see if the NAS Embraers are going to one of those 2 operators. I remember reading somewhere that Sukhoi were marketing their own regional jet quite agressively in that part of the world and in some way relying on the common culture to secure some business.

All the best.

Bukkake
29th Apr 2009, 21:05
Windrose is the airline they are going to and they are only hiring TRI/TRE's right now. Also, the contract is only for 6 months.

lucille
2nd May 2009, 17:31
Did you guys and gals get paid this month?

GTJDS
3rd May 2009, 08:51
No no pay its the end of NAS they got no more cash.

Pretty sad!!!

TUIFly
3rd May 2009, 08:58
You have forgotten about Dniproavia,they have 737,767 and Embraers (135) already.
Probably they want 195s as well...

desertopsguy
4th May 2009, 09:05
TUIFly; I stand corrected.

And I never heard of Windrose but seems they are new.

Here's the wiki-link Wind Rose Aviation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wind_Rose_Aviation)

The general opinion of people who don't work at NAS is that they have (or at least had) bottomless pits for pockets and an undending supply of funds. Is this not the case?

That doesn't mean to say that money should continue to be poured in with no resulting benefit, but W.Bin T did not become a wealthy man by being foolish with his cash. Perhaps he or others like him have gotten tired of getting no return on their investment.

When is the IPO? is it still going ahead or delayed ufn?

D.O.G