PDA

View Full Version : Jeppesen Techstar Pro?

WX Man
24th Oct 2000, 15:19
Does anyone have experience of this product? I am considering putting it on my 'wish list' for Christmas. It appears to do everything I would like from a personal organiser, plus it has the aviation functions.

The only things I don't like about it are the battery (looks like it might be quite expensive and not last very long), and the display is bit cack.

Would it be worth waiting for the inevitable Techstar Pro II, or should I jump in and get one of these? The thing I like about it is that apparently you can use it for the FAA exams. I assume that a Psion 5 with aviation software would not be approved for that purpose.

Capt Ted Striker
25th Oct 2000, 00:01
I have used the old techstar (not the organiser type) for about ten years. Yes I did use it for FAA exams. Much friendlier than the whizz wheel!
I'm not certain but I think the FAA only disapprove of programmable calculators.
Anyway, the bottom line is that nowadays I would'nt buy one. My Psion Revo is indipensible and you can get free downloads of aviation stuff that can do all that a Techstar can and much more.
Plus the other features like organiser and office type prorams are really good. You get a real keyboard too!