PDA

View Full Version : Reckless endangerment in TIBA

cattledog
25th Jul 2008, 01:55
One for the lawyer (bush or otherwise qualified) fratenity among us.

What responsibilities do Airlines have for notifying me (as SLF) that my big shiny metal tube today will be flying though TIBA airspace?

If I am advised do I have rights to demand an alternative flights?

More importantly if I find out post journey that I have been flown through TIBA without my consent is there a case for reckless endangerment?

God speed.
Ruff Ruff:confused::confused::confused:

The PM
25th Jul 2008, 05:17
Dude, if it's that much of an issue for you,just drive or take the train......

Van Gough
25th Jul 2008, 06:54
What is TIBA?

Howard Hughes
25th Jul 2008, 07:10
What responsibilities do Airlines have for notifying me (as SLF) that my big shiny metal tube today will be flying though TIBA airspace?
About as much responsibility as they do to let you know they are taking you in Class G airspace to places like Ayers Rock, Broome, Kalgoorlie, Ballina! Is it realy that bigger deal? Most TIBA has been late at night with the odd area earlier on in the evening at places like Canberra, this resulting with one in and one out!

Some airlines/individual Captains are choosing not to transit through TIBA, while I personally think that TIBA is unacceptable, it is probably not that much riskier than flying in Class G, except that you do not have prior warning of other IFR aircraft.

The Voice
25th Jul 2008, 11:56
Perhaps a read of the Terms and Conditions avilable on the website may help you come to a conclusion.

porch monkey
27th Jul 2008, 06:54
Read the T's & C's? Voice, surely you must be joking!:eek: If they did, they'd know no airline guarantees to get you anywhere at anytime! Anyway, most pilots these days don't read their EBA's before they sign on the dotted line, so you're expecting a bit much for the passengers to do it........

And yes, there is just a hint of sarcasm there...... :ok:

flyinggit
27th Jul 2008, 08:33
TIBA = Traveling In Black Airspace

FG