PDA

View Full Version : ERP (Exchange rate protection) for Qatarairways

QTRminator
24th Jul 2008, 15:59
According to todays company email, the CEO has introduced an ERP-program effective 1jul08.
As I interpret it (it is not that straight forward), it would give (for most of us, my exemple is for Europeans) approx 900 QAR/month for F/O and approx 1300QAR/month for Captain as long as the current rate of the QAR, compared to your home currency, is at least 15% lower now than it was over the last 5 years average.
Not bad, even if it only covers around 25% of what we loose every month (on the basic only), and I hope this is not the only thing that will be announced this month regarding our package...:rolleyes:

QTRminator
24th Jul 2008, 21:01
Yeah, I guess 15% of 30% sounds so much better than just simply writing 4.5%, so clever:D, these guys are funny, I wonder if the marketing-dep are involved...

loc22550
25th Jul 2008, 07:23
I like the last sentence
Quote by the CEO:
"I believe the ERP will go a long way to IMPROVE the saving potential of our employees...."

With a 4.5% "increase" on the basic but on the other hand a 15%+ inflation, don't known yet how i'm gone improve my saving....???:\
Anyway..better than nothing.:uhoh:

Black Stain
25th Jul 2008, 11:04
Three tenths of five eighths of one quarter of... That is funny, and yes they are taking the piss out of you all. With hundreds of crew around the world facing retrenchment, I doubt Goat drivers will see significant improvement for the next few years.

QTRminator
25th Jul 2008, 18:44
This could be the best indicator so far, that we are facing an imminent depegging or revaluation of the QAR.:)
Start buying Riyals guys...

P.Clostermann
25th Jul 2008, 19:38
Guys, this is not a salary raise!

If your home country is the states for example, you will not see anything as this erp is coupled to the official exchange rates!

Guys from the eurozone will get something, but probably not for long.

Very smart to introduce this sheme at the height of the euro rate!

Lulu qatar
26th Jul 2008, 22:19
Means only people from EU will get increament?
we all live in Qatar so we spend at the same place .Anyhow there is nothing to save with oure low salary in QR.

vivace
27th Jul 2008, 07:54
The CEO is no fool and is probably laughing at the jumping around and excitement his ERP is creating to you guys!! Any finance forecast right now is showing a definite dollar strengthening in the next 6 months, so the ERP is a nice action to keep the pay rise waiting workforce happy without it really costing the company much. SO dont even think it will make much of a difference, even without the ERP the dollar will be good soon.

loc22550
27th Jul 2008, 07:57
??LULU, IMHO
ERP has nothing to do with what we might call an "increament"
The ONLY LUCKY people in QR are the one from US and Qatar who haven't lost anything the last 5..6 years,Not the one who might get something with this ERP.(i think this came a little bit(too) late!).:\

Vivace: wich excitement are you talking about...?:bored:

QTRminator
27th Jul 2008, 08:18
Vivace, I also wonder who is excited!?
I agree with you, that's why I'm recommending you to buy Riyals....
Its a smart move to calm down the disappointment of no salary increase, to a very little cost, when they might have an inside that the QAR is soon going to be revaluated, or they're betting on a dollar strengthening.