PDA

View Full Version : Kingfisher's promises

barneylocke
24th Jul 2008, 13:24
Anyone having problems with Kingfisher keeping its commitments? I attended a sceening 2 months ago in London. Was pomised $210/day for expenses. Have not seen the money in spite of numerous e-mails and calls to Mr.Jagdish the HR rep making all the promises. He keeps assuring me the money is on the way to my account but it hasn't happened.:ugh:

I'm not as concerned about the $630 as I am about airline reps stringing me along and telling untruths. We can only put a stop to this kind of treatment by exposing it to the light of day.

My advise to anyone going for a Kingfisher screening...insist on the money up front or you will spending your time trying to obtain what was promised you.

NG ExPat
24th Jul 2008, 14:50
Get used to it if you are going to India. They don't even always pay you money that they owe you when you are working for an Indian Carrier. I think I remember a post similar to this a while back, stating, "that is the Indian way."

I have a friend who was just told by his employer, not to return from his leave due to reductions in force. I guess longevity does not play a part over there, since he was in the top 15% of the Pilots at his company. By telling him not to come back, it also means that the Airline does not have to pay him his $12K bonus for completing one year of service.

India sucks, and it is not going to get any better!!

Shaikh N Hoque
24th Jul 2008, 15:26
The way you said, India Sucks, but you know what, pilot are crazy to go and work there. I came from a third world country, you have to pay under the table for everything, taking the written, go for your medical even for the job. It sad but that's the way it works my friend.

Airbus_a321
24th Jul 2008, 20:53
@barneylocke
"Welcome in the Club" :mad:

getsetgo
24th Jul 2008, 21:16
good lesson
donot go by promises.................
............................................................ ............................................................ ...............:=

topoftheloop
25th Jul 2008, 03:01
Thanks for bringing this up, same happened to me. Of course this also
helped me in my decision to join or not.....definitely I don't need an
employer who is cheating me even before the contract starts !

wingslow
25th Jul 2008, 10:26
Absolutely. We went to the Sydney road show. They want the pilot's but don't want to pay for their services. Don't get caught!:eek:

Left Wing
25th Jul 2008, 11:15
ask for all per diem in 100% advance or do not spend from your own pocket..no matter how reassuring the people are....

call KFA and ask for Capt Nagar VP Ops...and infrom of him all cr@p his future pilots have deal with:mad::mad:

barneylocke
25th Jul 2008, 17:21
Left Wing..that gives me a place to go if the current campaign doesn't work...I'm determined to follow though with this tilll THEY give it up...tired of this crap!!

Holycow
26th Jul 2008, 15:05
Working for Kingfisher airlines is the worst choice you can do if you wanna go to India.
Layovers as the only company in India they send even captains to the guesthouses instead of hotels, not even lowcosts here do that !
Rostering - working on evening calls for the next day, no valid roster followed, no privat life since you never know when is your day off.
And many many more issues like the one mentioned above.
By the way, looks like Kingfisher is 1 billion USD in loss right now.
Kingfisher Air runs up Rs 4k-cr debt :D
(http://www.business-standard.com/common/news_article.php?autono=329585&leftnm=1&subLeft=0&chkFlg=)

condorbaaz
11th Aug 2008, 11:27
try to mail Capt Nagar @[email protected] and put dissatified pilot in the title

barneylocke
20th Aug 2008, 16:34
After 2 1/2 months, numerous phone calls and e-mails, Kingfisher finally paid the money promised. Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. Bottom line is keep the pressure on these guys or they'll cheat you out of your underwear....

Sky Dancer
21st Aug 2008, 03:06
Holy Cow !!! Well you're right looks like KF is heading for a 1 billion dollar loss..and from what I hear....it's not going to be Kingfisher cheating you of your UNDERWEAR....it would be more like Dr. Mallya sitting in his UNDERWEAR as he's really running out of money !!!! Fly the good times boyz....

getsetgo
21st Aug 2008, 08:39
flanker pilot
--------------------------------------------------------------------
If you hate us so much leave , nobody forces you to stay here. If I go work in another country it would be kind of stupid to give such bigoted statements when you are staying there.

............................................................ ...............................
bcz this this is the only country which gives freedom /right to speak and write
which they have missed at home ,let them enjoy.
-----------------------------------------

most companies pays all dues after joining requirments are completed,and that also takes few weeks.
this company has money.:D

backofthedrag
21st Aug 2008, 15:06
Thanks Barneylocke and Condorbazz . I had forgotten about this but sent an email last night and three replies today !!

condorbaaz
27th Aug 2008, 12:05
the company is busy with the merger and Intl ops.

Personal claims willbe completed maybe late..

Cheers

sec 3
28th Aug 2008, 10:04
Busy planning int'l ops to the States with the A345 ?:}

smellyharbour
4th Oct 2008, 11:10
did uou get the pay check on sked this month???:O:}

getsetgo
4th Oct 2008, 17:19
pay cheque:}
back dated or
post dated......
take post dated cheques till contract date.

o

getsetgo
4th Oct 2008, 17:26
NG EXPAT

Get used to it if you are going to India. They don't even always pay you money that they owe you when you are working for an Indian Carrier. I think I remember a post similar to this a while back, stating, "that is the Indian way."
............................................................ ..........................
don"t put every company in one bucket .
your company has foreign CEO
and + recruitment ring who gets salary on time.

B737NG
4th Oct 2008, 18:00
Does the world need India or does India need the world? Are you justifying that cheating and lying is any good? If that is the way it is then be one time honest and let the People know when companies are hiring Pilots, ahhh sorry the would be honest and that is impossible "the way it is"...

Fly safe and land happy

NG

getsetgo
5th Oct 2008, 03:56
this way it is ...
India is good
some aviation companies are good....but not all
some people are good ....but not all

These companies are making losses....cheating cropped in.
just few companies does not mean they represent India.
there are other companies also in other non aviation sectors have a look at them.
one ,two or ten aviation companies can not represent India,
there are thousands other bigger industries in India.

doubleu-anker
5th Oct 2008, 05:05
Broken promises?

Oh welcome to India.

Put it this way, tell me of a company there that doesn't break promises, agreements or contracts? I have never heard of one.

rotors88
5th Oct 2008, 08:42
Hmm interesting comments. I work in India as an Expat (or Gora as we are known here). Yes there timing is a bit wobbly, ie; 5 minutes could mean 1 to 5 hours. ATC are a pain, yes the cabby's lie. My pay has ALWAYS been on time except for a one off delay due to a bank change over otherwise everything promised has been delivered without fuss, without asking for it, it all is smooth sailing. If you like Indians, their culture, yoga, food & spirituality it is a great place to be. PM if you need any more info.

oneroam
5th Oct 2008, 17:38
Hiya,

Don't know if this is the right place to place this thread but just needing a bit of advice,

I have been offered a job with Kingfisher Airlines and the contract began on the 15th Sep and they want to start our taining on the 15th Oct in India! I have signed the contract and sent it back to India and now waiting for more information to come through via email. They said in the interview that it would take up to 60 days to get our papers ready before we could start our training so don't think the 15th Oct is realistic!!!

After reading all the threads on this forum just wondering if it really was a good idea to sign the contract with them as can't find any real positive feed back with regards to working with this airline.

Can anybody give me a positive reasuring reply or have I made a hugh mistake....?!:bored:

Many thanks,

Oneroam

putar
5th Oct 2008, 17:55
Hi Rotors! Thanks for the post. I am waiting on my interview for Air India Express B737 NG Captain. Do you know what QOL and working conditions are like here? I have been trying hard to find someone who works there to speak with me about it, but I have had no luck. I have so many questions, unfortunately I do not know anyone over there, so I do appreciate your inputs! Thanks again,
putar

rotors88
6th Oct 2008, 04:10
I am an Australian working here as an ATPL Helicopter Pilot. Things are very different here than the rest of the world. 199 times slower, but I Love it, in-fact on the money you make here you live like a millionaire, the woman are amazing & still have traditional values & commit for life & love you I mean really love you. I love Indian food, do Yoga so for me all aspect of the life here I enjoy. Right now my feelings are I probably would not return to Australia & end up retiring here only going back for holidays. As for Kingfisher? All the airlines here are doing it tough due jetA1 prices, but they are all stable, reliable & maintenance from what I have seen in the rotory side is excellent.

I cannot advice you either way to sign or not, but knowing what I know now, I would definitely move here. Ask yourself do you like Indian food, culture, Indians, there spiritual outlook? And can you handle the poverty, pushing, shoving & traffic madness? If the answers are yes...... go for it.. Are you married? How would she like it? If your not then this is a great place to find a life partner. If you wish to chat further you PM me

getsetgo
6th Oct 2008, 15:25
LR3

Why would anyone who has half a brain expect to go and work in India and not get lied to constantly and cheated out of what is contractually theirs.
If you want a fair work enviroment go and work elsewhere.
............................................................ ................................

if you know about Honkong based OASIS,
when closed they didnot had the courtesy to make a phone call to the staff,not to come for duty.
which place has fair work environment?
other places have no work....forget the environment.
here you have work.
kingfisher paid the free ride for sim session+ hotel stay+ daily money
for a pilot who didnot joined the company, airline kept the word n paid .
which company gives free rides in this world?
i suppose others airlines are also on time performers as far as salary issues goes(some posts indicate that)
i sugest to test remaining second half of brain which may give some diffrent results.

rspilot
6th Oct 2008, 15:46
Find a life partner? Are you kidding? The girls here stare at you like you are a freak. They can't understand anything coming out of your mouth, or at least pretend they can't.
Now I admit it works the same for me, I can't understand them either, so finding a life partner- no way.

Life in India is great...you can go out all times of the evening.
People are very curious about you and will always smile if you smile at them.

I think everyone should come and do at least one year..you will like it.

bad_attitude
6th Oct 2008, 15:59
get a life people!

getsetgo
6th Oct 2008, 16:11
rotor88
Hmm interesting comments. I work in India as an Expat (or Gora as we are known here). Yes there timing is a bit wobbly, ie; 5 minutes could mean 1 to 5 hours. ATC are a pain, yes the cabby's lie. My pay has ALWAYS been on time except for a one off delay due to a bank change over otherwise everything promised has been delivered without fuss, without asking for it, it all is smooth sailing. If you like Indians, their culture, yoga, food & spirituality it is a great place to be.......................................................... ...................

good to see you are happy.
timings .....yes pathatic:yuk:
cabby boy...i think they are also trying to fill max in the bucket(transport industry) like any body else( looking at ATF) still not so expensive.
indian food ..available all over the world.
yoga...can be done any where arround the world.
hey enjoy every moment where ever you are in the world.;)

getsetgo
7th Oct 2008, 13:59
NG EXPAT

Get used to it if you are going to India. They don't even always pay you money that they owe you when you are working for an Indian Carrier
............................................................ ....................................

YOU APPLY for JOB TO SOME COMPANY IN INDIA....SPICE JET
spice jet gives you job
work permit......arranged by........ spice jet
security clearance arrenged by ....spice jet
licence arrenged by ...................spice jet
salary paid by ............................spicejet....and so on.........

there is no need to generalise whole aviation based on your personal isssues with the company.

there is no need to put other companies in the same bucket.
every company has own policies.

at least in india ,so far no body left the passengers at the airport like ZOOM airline.
please open your superior dictionary and grade the country of ZOOM
and let me know where that country stands according to your rating from your superior understanding.

its not so bad so far in india.............:ok:
see kingfisher (its not a low cost operator) has kept the promise.

getsetgo
8th Oct 2008, 16:01
NG EXPAT
good to see you in good healthy colors.
spice jet is not india so far..............and india is not spice jet .
i understand your experience with the low cost airline has been bitter.
But take it in good siprit.
if you see ,spicejet has used this website to recruit.
i read posts from spicejet recruitment here...its a low cost airline certainly
and saving money on this front,and making on cadets money.:=
They bring in CEO (expat) to attract you.
and you come.
Now if airline removes CEO means he was meant only to get you guys.
spicejet recruitment guys still get salary on 27th....(as they post here)
if recruitment dept forgets to add the year, wheather the salary was of 2007 or 2010 they recieved (other thread)means its nothing but cheating.
(hope they know 12 months in a year).

this post will help every body seeking job on this globe.

Secure career before storm hits job street-Quickies -Features-The Economic Times (http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/quickiearticleshow/msid-3571682.cms)

Holycow
9th Oct 2008, 06:59
Hi guys !

my opinion about this - we are flying in India, each of us maybe in different airline, but all of us dealing probably with the same issues.
Airlines in India I believe try to keep the promises done to expats, but sometimes it takes a little longer (or too long if one leaves) than we are used to, which is not very polite. Sometimes there is some small cheating (as mentioned here), sometimes the chaos here - so typical for India - simply doesn't make enough space to fulfill what was promised.
At the beginning I was little emotional about this, now I consider this as a part of expat pilots life in India. We are here and have our jobs, because this country lacks any ¨pre-flight¨ planning, Aircraft rules are from 1937 and basically what I see is that all the airlines are damping down the fires, many fires, created by unproffesional ground stuff / managers, fuel prices, lack of captains , weak INR-USD, DGCA etc.
This country has its rules (chaos) last few thousands years and we are not gonna change it. But we can enjoy nice FAs, GOA beaches, good curry chicken tikka and few bucks coming every month to our accounts. Take it or leave it ! :ok:

raklameen
11th May 2010, 10:52
U mean jump from the frying pan into the fire pot???:}