PDA

View Full Version : how can i make helicopter

nagoom
24th Jul 2008, 08:14
im last year eng student and my projact is to make a light weight high performance helicopter im looking for a design data ... angels of the fan ..etc.

Blacksheep
24th Jul 2008, 11:35
Igor Sikorsky. The greatest hero of aviation.

His achievement of the impossible - building a helicopter then working out how to fly the infernal contraption :ooh: - dwarfs that of Orville & Wilbur.

I'd advise you to make it as ugly as possible so as to maximise the repulsive force of the earth.

JSaeroengineer
24th Jul 2008, 12:33
im last year eng student

Surely you should know how to design it...

:E

yakker
24th Jul 2008, 13:06
Come on JSaeroengineer, he wants links to cut and paste.

angels of the fan You just need to calculate how many angels flapping their wings are needed to lift the weight.

Vortechs Jenerator
24th Jul 2008, 14:06
Just buy an old Robinson 22, put you're name on it and some old motorcycle fairings then kick back with a few cold ones and a spliff. You're a student remember:O

ground_star
24th Jul 2008, 15:35
How can i make a helicopter...

You cant...they will ALWAYS do their own thing!

NutLoose
25th Jul 2008, 11:57
You know guy's not everyone has English as their mother tongue, I would like to see your efforts at Egyptian.

The book on here might help you

The
HELICOPTER
EXPERIMENTER'S
HANDBOOK
A valuable reference guide for the helicopter and gyroplane hobbyist. Includes: helicopter and gyroplane basics, rotorblade & hub designs; various homebuilt helicopters and gyroplanes with specs; a guide to construction materials; a glossary of terms; a list of suppliers of parts and materials; tables of weights, formulas, conversions, etc. Only $12.95

See

Homebuilt Ultralight G-1 Helicopter (http://www.vortechonline.com/g1/)

Blacksheep
25th Jul 2008, 14:26
They're both ugly, but the Kestrel looks the better bet.

and don't forget to add rope attachment points for tethering it while you work out how to fly it. ;)

vs69
26th Jul 2008, 09:15
And if you could film that too please.......

sevenforeseven
26th Jul 2008, 12:55
VS69, try to get in touch with Denzil. :ok: Denzil is the Guru of whirly bird technology. Your work buddies may know him.:D

adverse-bump
29th Jul 2008, 20:19
have a look around at some radio controlled heli's.

AEROMEDIC
10th Aug 2008, 12:28
I STRONGLY recommend that you study up on how they fly....!!!

Prouty's book on helicopter aerodynamics and principles is excellent.

If you don't know how they operate, ..............don't build one.

Consult a helicopter LAME too. :) :)