PDA

View Full Version : Automatic correction program

Happybird
24th Jul 2008, 05:32
I teach aviation theory and some other academic subjects.

I do a lot of training for small groups of people - sometimes with a projector but more often going through sample exams with one of my computers - on Powerpoint slide shows.

Is there any way in Powerpoint to set up a system where the trainee can click onto an answer option and have them automatically corrected etc?:rolleyes:

We are doing this on paper at the moment and wasting a massive amount of time with manual corrections.

Thanks for any advice guys - appreciated any ideas. :D

Bo Nalls
24th Jul 2008, 07:27
You don't say what version of powerpoint you're using but, with my version (2003) I can use action buttons, selected via Autoshapes, to create hyperlinks to other slides within the document.

For example, slide 1 has the simple Q of 'What is 1+1?'. Under this I can set 3 action buttons, each with an answer of, say, 2, 4, & 8. Each action button has a hyperlink attached to it to direct what the next slide should be, either correct answer or incorrect answer.

If you have an e-mail add that can accept a ppt file (about 50k size) I have created a very basic ppt show to demonstrate the above. PM me rather than leave any private e-mail on this page.