PDA

View Full Version : CASA Medical...

neoxman
23rd Jul 2008, 14:43
I recently went through the fiasco of doing all the tests for a Class 1 medical to see if i could have a future in flying (already held a class 2) and the letter i received back from CASA with my new medical certificate i can only exercise the privileges of a Class 2.

Does this mean I failed in obtaining a class 1 medical because CASA are not very direct about it.

mic310
24th Jul 2008, 00:13
Give them a call. 131 757

dogcharlietree
24th Jul 2008, 01:40
Right on mic310.
In my case, CASA wrote direct to the DAME who took a long time finding the letter, finding out why my Class 1 had been delayed.
In the meantime, I rang CASA who advised me of the holdup, then I could hurry things up, knowing what the problem was.
Call CASA direct and find out why.

currawong
24th Jul 2008, 02:29
Sometimes they just hit the wrong button.

:rolleyes:

Happened to me during the AVID fiasco.

PyroTek
24th Jul 2008, 12:34
Neoxman: Have you done the opthamologist appointment? (surely you have), Possibly CASA hadn't received the opthamologist report before they sent you the renewed class 2?
Happened to me, one quick phonecall, and I had my Class 1 about 3 days later:ok:

Capt Fathom
24th Jul 2008, 14:04
I would think your DAME would tell you on the spot if you attained a Class 1 Standard (notwithstanding Eyes/Ears etc.)

The letter may be a little misleading in the way it says exercise the privileges of a Class 1 Medical!

You only need a Class 1 if you have a Commercial License or higher.

You don't need a Class 1 for a PPL (which maybe what the letter alludes to)

ForkTailedDrKiller
24th Jul 2008, 19:59
You only need a Class 1 if you have a Commercial License or higher

.... or more precisely, if you wish to exercise the privelages of a Comical Licence or higher.

Dr :8