PDA

View Full Version : EU-US Jumpseat

UPSAirOps
23rd Jul 2008, 02:20
Morning all,

I'm scheduled to jumpseat from the UK to the US, on a freight aircraft, for business purposes. I know the names of the operating crew, but have no previous experience with them. Aside from the usual courtesies, etiquette etc. does anyone have any advice on how to improve the chances of being allowed on the flight deck? I have already emailed the Chief Pilot...

I have a jumpseat booking, but as usual it is the Captain's final decision on whom he/she accepts.

Many thanks.

L-38
23rd Jul 2008, 18:38
Advice - Become a very good looking female. . . . . . . anyway your right - only the flight's pilot in command can allow / permit cockpit access . .so when onboard, be very courteous, then request and politely wait for an invitation.

Global Pilot
24th Jul 2008, 15:57
..and if he doesn't let you up there I would be surprised. Unless of course you worked as a flight engineer with Fedex a few years back in which case he might just ask you and your guitar case to remain in the back.

L-38
24th Jul 2008, 16:45
No worries, Global . . . THAT Flight Engineer now resides at Ft Leavenworth, and is serving 3 consecutive life sentences'.

UPSAirOps
25th Jul 2008, 01:51
Thanks for the responses. I'll be keeping everything crossed and hope for the best.

Thanks again.

IFly17
23rd Aug 2008, 18:39
Bring chocolate/snacks that will always be welcome on a hop across the pond.