PDA

View Full Version : Helicopter Training

Tempo
22nd Jul 2008, 23:48
Having always wanted to do some flying in a helicopter, I am seriously considering undertaking some training towards a helicopter PPL. This would be a rather slow process as it would have to fit in with current work and financial commitments so I need a school that is flexible. I live in Sydney so I guess my only option is Bankstown. Can anybody recommend a good school to approach and talk numbers etc.

Cheers

Lefthanded_Rock_Thrower
23rd Jul 2008, 01:25
Mark at HTT is a great guy, very experienced and knowledgable.

Helicopter Transport and Training (http://www.helipad.com.au/training/index.htm)

Enjoy !!!, rotary is alot more fun than fixed wing.

Capt Hollywood
23rd Jul 2008, 01:59
Tempo - you'll find most schools, if not all, should be quite flexible with your training requirements. When I did my licence in '97 we had students who were doing 2hrs/day and some doing 2hrs/month. It's really up to you as to how fast, or slow, you want to do it. The only part you might have to 'lock in' is the theory part, not sure how much you have to do if you already hold a fixed wing ticket.

Can't help you with Sydney though, I trained in Melbourne and work on the Gold Coast. Check out Rotorheads in the Non-Airline forum. There should be quite a bit of info on training in Australia, just use the search function and you'll find it.

Good luck and don't worry, you'll eventually get used to watching the ASI wind back to zero and finding your still in the air! :ok:

CH.