PDA

View Full Version : e-mail problem.

overwing
23rd Oct 2000, 00:16
I was playing around with my computer today and deleted some of the bits that I d'ont use. Later, when I tried to check my e-mail and hit the Outlook Express button I got a message cannot find MSOERES.DLL Outlook Express may not be installed correctly.
Can anybody help???Overwing.

R O Tiree
23rd Oct 2000, 01:42
Did you try looking in the Recycle Bin? If so, can I interest you in my patent method of sucking eggs?

Try re-installing Internet Explorer. That should also re-install Outlook Express. With a bit of luck, your settings may have survived.

Narada
23rd Oct 2000, 06:55
You can also download the appropriate DLL file from the DLL archive at http://solo.abac.com/dllarchive/

Be sure to read the readme.txt file and disclaimer. Good luck!

overwing
24th Oct 2000, 12:25
Thanks guys. However I still have no luck.
Narada - I downloaded the missing file ok but where do I put it? I tried the places that I thought it should go, but no sucess.
Thanks again in advance.

matelot
24th Oct 2000, 12:31
The file will probably go in c:\windows\system (assuming you're on standard Windows config.)

Did you actually re-install IE?

------------------
Me, sweat? I'm that cool, it's condensation.

R O Tiree
24th Oct 2000, 16:11
MSOERES.DLL lives in C:\Program Files\Outlook Express. :)

overwing
25th Oct 2000, 13:25
Thanks again guys - But no luck. Put the file in both places on there own and at the same time - still keep getting the same message. Will have IE disk tomorrow which should fix it. Thanks again.