PDA

View Full Version : Congressional Flight emergency landing

sevenstrokeroll
22nd Jul 2008, 21:57
Flight carrying members of Congress makes emergency landing

04:46 PM CDT on Tuesday, July 22, 2008

KHOU.com staff report

HOUSTON -- A Continental Airlines flight carrying seven members of Congress from Houston to Washington was forced to make an emergency landing after it lost cabin pressure and took a major nosedive Tuesday afternoon.

Flight 458 was bound for Reagan National Airport, but was diverted and landed safely in New Orleans, a spokeswoman for U.S. Rep. Ted Poe told 11 News.

Poe and fellow Congressmen Nick Lampson, Ron Paul, John Carter, Ciro Rodriguez, Solomon Ortiz and Henry Cuellar were aboard the flight, said Poe's press secretary DeeAnn Thigpen. There were 118 people aboard the plane, said Continental spokeswoman Julie King.

No one was hurt, the airline confirmed.

Continental Airlines said the problem was caused by a sudden loss in cabin pressure.

tonytech2
22nd Jul 2008, 22:24
The symptom was a loss of cabin pressure -
The CAUSE?? Still not announced -

Typical airline blather - "The cause of this delay was the late arrival of the aircraft? - REALLY???

Pugilistic Animus
23rd Jul 2008, 00:17
took a major nosedive Tuesday afternoon.

I think that to the idiotic sensationalist muppet journos ---that means an emergency decent which I guess for all practical purposes is a 'nosedive'--to a ground person:ugh:

boy 0h boy-- would I like to show them a few inverted spins ---just to reawaken their dulled senses:}

Stupid idiots
PA [Lester:E]

sevenstrokeroll
23rd Jul 2008, 03:41
I would like to know why this post/thread was moved from rumors and news?

I am a pro pilot

this is news

the congressmen on the flight were hurrying back to Washington, DC to vote on an Aviation Safety Enhancement Bill.

A rapid or slow decompression is an interesting event.

so, why did THEY move it?

Pugilistic Animus
23rd Jul 2008, 14:39
Wow, it was moved I guess an emergency decent is not news then---why was it moved?

I hate to see which way they vote--perhaps they'd change the Avigation Act to assure that their mansion's airspace can only be passed at a minimum of 5000' agl..:}