PDA

View Full Version : Gutsy Granny.....or what?

taxydual
22nd Jul 2008, 18:28
BBC NEWS | Wales | Gran heads for Afghan front line (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7517305.stm)

My hat is well and truly taken off.........

Arbie
22nd Jul 2008, 18:34
Before the Sun get hold of it, I'd like to offer them 'Afgranistan Deployment' as their headline :rolleyes:

exscribbler
22nd Jul 2008, 22:34
Good for her! Well done, Corporal!

Mind you, this only goes to confirm that the RAF really enjoys a Grab a Granny night. :E

Pugilistic Animus
22nd Jul 2008, 23:31
God Bless Her and best of wishes there to her and everyone else

PA

Climebear
23rd Jul 2008, 07:17
she joined the RAAF

Why did she go all the way to Australia to join; unless, of course, Haverfordwest is in New South Wales.

I'll get my coat...

Seriously though, good luck to her and her colleagues.

barnstormer1968
23rd Jul 2008, 07:40
The very best of luck to her. Just watched the video clip, and she not only seems confident, but also came across as having a warm and friendly personality. What more could any of us want when we aren't at our best, and need a bit (or a lot) of care.

Keep safe

Barnstomer1968:ok:

Wycombe
23rd Jul 2008, 07:54
Would imagine this lady is from 4626 Sqn RAuxAF (Aeromeds), who I think have had folk mobilised for every major Op since GW1.

Love the way the BBC heads talked about her being "offered the chance" to go - clearly no idea of the reality of life waiting for the "brown envelope" !!

jimgriff
23rd Jul 2008, 08:15
I think you'll find that Haverfordwest is in OLD West Wales!:=

A2QFI
23rd Jul 2008, 11:46
I saw this lady on breakfast News and was well impressed. Cheerful, articulate, sensible, modest about what she is doing and great example of what service people, full or part-time, are all about. Travel safe and get back safe!

neilmac
23rd Jul 2008, 23:52
wow and wow, what an amazing advert for the RAF. medical trade has done well recently with good and well deserved praised. Just remember loads of other trades out there working under difficult conditions.
Hopefully some of the old school on this network will acknowledge times are different and heroes(yep a big word) are born from any rank. I refer to the L/Cpl today who received the George Cross. Congrats!!

nm

Wycombe
24th Jul 2008, 07:46
....and like the lady we are discussing here, he is a reservist aswell :ok:

(Not making a point, just makes me proud, as I was one too!)

NutLoose
24th Jul 2008, 12:08
I do not know why we send all of these people and equipment over to Afganistan, surely you could send in the NAAFI Wagon, you can never escape from that, it will hunt you down mercillously, the one at Colt used to be able to detect someone owing money at 300 paces years afterwards:mad:. Deploy 20 of those across Helmand province in the worst areas and they will all go to ground I tell you and quake in their sandals........:p

Good on her going, it makes you proud to know such folks are with you.

Green Flash
24th Jul 2008, 12:28
Good on her. I hope, however, she is bored out of her mind, (oh, go on then, I'll allow an ingrowing toe nail!) for everyones sake. I hope Cpl B has a good time; stay safe.