PDA

View Full Version : Bullish Views of the Wannabe Prospects

Electricflyer
22nd Jul 2008, 16:57
Ah Ha,
Now i thought i would take WWW's advice and start such a thread because i think we are in dire need of something to be bullish about. At the moment, we find ourselves doing a lot of head-scratching as we wade our way through a media frenzy of hideously high oil prices, cut backs, restructuring, outsourcing, pilots being laid off, recruitment freezes - all on a near global scale.

Things WILL get better. It's part of the natural order of things. Next year house prices will once again start soaring, credit willl be cheap and the fuel price will just keep going down and down. There will be a shortage of pilots once more and airlines will hire on increasingly favorable terms and conditions.

In short , there has never been a better time to start training. Go on, you know you want to...

Now that's bullish. Or is it bulls**t ?? :E

THE WELSH WIZARD
22nd Jul 2008, 17:15
You must work for a school or something on those lines.

Keep selling............:mad:

It wont work with me ............:rolleyes:

Every body who is watching, hang in there and ride out this b###dy storm.

Regards to all

TWW .:)

john.o.pilot
22nd Jul 2008, 17:28
Marketing campaigns by flight training organisations have always been bullish and bull**** and people going for it at the mo are committing commercial suicide.

You only realise the value of £1000s of cash once its gone.

corsair
22nd Jul 2008, 19:06
If you want to be a pilot. There is no such thing as a good or bad time to start training. If there's a boom when you finish. Great. If not, you keep your licence valid by instructing or some other form of (hopefully) paid flying and you wait for the turn around. If you really want to fly, this will be no problem to you. The flying will be interesting, only the poor pay will frustrate you. If you only want to be an 'airline pilot'. Then you will give up and go back to whatever you did before, leaving the field to the real pilots.

INNflight
23rd Jul 2008, 17:39
Best reply I've read for quite some time Corsair!!!

Hang in and let the storm pass, but you can as well do some training on the side :8

Fair_Weather_Flyer
23rd Jul 2008, 18:57
There is a school of thought that when the market is low is when you should train. Aviation is a cyclical boom and bust business, always has been. It will bounce back sooner or later and you need to be there when the boom starts again.

I did my PPL and ATPL's in 02,03 and people said I was mad and that there would never be any jobs in aviation ever again; they were wrong. Just don't bet the bank on it right now. Get your PPL and ATPL's out the way while you work full time and don't get into training debt. That was the advice I was given then and it's what I'm giving now.

Bullish as you can sensibly be!

MarkColeman
23rd Jul 2008, 19:06
Oil had another big drop today, if the slide continues to around the 100 dollar/barrell mark wannabes can breathe again

cfwake
23rd Jul 2008, 19:07
TOUCH WOOD! God man don't jinx the bloody stuff!

THE WELSH WIZARD
27th Jul 2008, 09:13
Lets pray in hope eh?

"HE WHO DARES WINS"

:cool:

TWW.