PDA

View Full Version : 744 Sim - going cheap!

Turbofan
29th Jun 2000, 19:13
Hey folks.
I have a 747-400 add on for FS 98/2000, which I neither need nor want any more.

So I figured I'd offer it to anyone that wants it. Bought it at $50 bucks (in Aus) and I'll give it up for half that (and mail it anywhere), and I'm flexible on price... a bit. :)

At the time I got it I stumbled across Aerowinx PS1, another 744 sim that was much more comlex and realistic. But for that realism I had to pay approxamately 10 times the price of the FS 744 sim.

I haven't really gone into the FS sim much, only installed it and never used it. It looks as if a lot of the systems from the real a/c are incorporated in it and functional, but like I said, I spent very little time on it.

So if anyone's interested, post a reply here, or better yet just send me an E.

Turbofan

Lurk R
30th Jun 2000, 05:35
Someone (maybe InFinRetirement) might be able to confirm, but I think there are a fair few free downloadable 747-400's on the various FS websites. These of course are of varying quality, so depending on the quality of yours, you may not get too many nibbles...

Good luck anyway - and lucky bugger re PS1; I'm still saving the money!!!

Turbofan
30th Jun 2000, 07:36
Yeah, I found a few downlaodable 744 add-ons, but none of them seemed to have the realism of systems that the one I bought (Flight 1 - 747-400) had.

And none of them are even close to PS1.

And I can sympathise with you on the saving part. I had to sell a whole pile of stuff, then sell my dog, then sell my body, then sell my girlfriends body... OK, perhaps I didn't go that far.
I mean, a fella's gotta have a dog!!! :)

Cornish Jack
30th Jun 2000, 11:40
Turbofan
Could be interested in the 400 add-on. Have just bought FS 2000 and haven't had a chance to check it out fully.
Re PS-1: I have both 1.2c and the latest upgrade 1.3 and while they are very good there are discrepancies on the technical side that need to be sorted. One other point; 1.2c runs extremely well on all of my machines but 1.3 is causing problems with the mouse - most programme inputs cause a mouse freeze and it makes the overall operation intermittent. Anyone else having similar problems?
BTW the PS1s were purchased as occasionally useful demo programmes for our 47-400 tech conversion courses.

Turbofan
2nd Jul 2000, 14:30
Hey CJ,
If you want to know more about the add-on check this site: http://www.justflight.com/english/system/index.html

If you're interested just E-mail me.