PDA

View Full Version : Do all the companies there cheat you??

Lovesickguy
21st Jul 2008, 21:09
Fellow pilots...
My experience in the Mid East (KSA and Bahrain ) is that if an Expat works there as an airmen working for a management team run by Local's (non expats) is that ALL of them cheated me out of quite a substantial amount of money one way or another... And that includes the Govt. of Bahrain and KSA can you beleive that?? !!

Is that quite ''normal'' there??? I know when the co. is run by ''expats'' there are no problems with them paying on time, and the ''correct'' amount but I've found that when it's run by locals, it's a Norm to cheat you !! ..

Any feed back would be great as I've a new possible job there (RAK) and not sure to go back or not due to the bad taste in my mouth...
Many thanks in advance!! LSG

Cam32
21st Jul 2008, 22:45
No problems yet, have to keep your eye on things though.

Sounds like you should not come back. The bad taste is lingering...

BOB 323
22nd Jul 2008, 00:27
Off course we all believe you.... I am sure last time when two kings met, they were discussing how to get some money out of you. I guess take your case to united nation rather crying in pprune.:{:{:{

outhouse
22nd Jul 2008, 05:53
Depends on who you are working for, also don’t expect it to be just local management teams either, some expats can be a pain in the bum as well. Though Experience is a wonderful learning tool.
outhouse
:ok:

Lovesickguy
22nd Jul 2008, 08:32
Thank you one and all for your comments, including BOB323's scarcasm.
I take it you are a ''wise ass local' from the region who gets off on this kind of dishonesty or an expat who's been there way too long...!! Time for you to go home man and get back on the 'right track'.
Never mind... live and learn as some of you have said.
LSG.

parabellum
23rd Jul 2008, 00:33
When I was with GF it was the senior expat management that took over from BOAC (Associated Companies) management that were the real crooks as by cutting the salary bill they enhanced their bonus!

Lovesick - If you think the Arabs are bad at attacking your terms and conditions don't ever think of going to the Far East where screwing the expat. has professional status!

Lovesickguy
23rd Jul 2008, 08:06
That's dissapointing to hear, I hope ALL the folks here who have a bad experience post the swindling companies and let others know the with full details of the 'offending Co,s' to warn everyone... Many thanks for sharing your experience on Far East / Asia. :D

metro301
23rd Jul 2008, 14:15
I have been at SVA for 2.5 years. Not one late pay check and never 1 halalah short. Sometimes you have to wait a little bit for the monthly expense check, but it always comes in.