PDA

View Full Version : GF's Manpower Shortage

Chuck Y
21st Jul 2008, 16:56
I was just looking at the latest seniority list & it shows that we only have a total of 388 Capts & FOs!!! With no recruiting going on how much more can they squeeze us to continue operating the current network. Especially since they are supposed to get 2 319s very soon, next year get 2 330s & start getting our order from Airbus. I bet the management are quietly happy the 321s we got are such pieces of junk & are grounded most of the time otherwise we would be even deeper in the c***.

brassplate
21st Jul 2008, 18:36
it doesn't help that a lot of the local junior captains keep going sick on weekends!!

SubsonicMortal
21st Jul 2008, 18:40
I second that... It's very painful at the moment.

Sultan85
21st Jul 2008, 18:42
bras....

What's your source?

:bored:

brassplate
21st Jul 2008, 18:58
my source is me! my last three weekends were originally rostered with locals who apparently went sick. ended up flying with upset expat captains instead.

Sultan85
21st Jul 2008, 20:09
It can be just a coincident; any way I love to fly in the weekend! it’s a picnic comparing to Bahrain roads:ugh: with the drunk K.S.A drivers in the town in weekends!:}

.Aero
22nd Jul 2008, 05:59
we only have a total of 388 Capts & FOs!!!

A little over 2 months ago the figure was a pilot worforce of 430, with projected workforce growth of 755 between 2009 - 2013

Bahraini Captains = 61%

brassplate
22nd Jul 2008, 12:45
probably a coincidence. with a gruelling schedule, there isn't really much margin. i have no sby days this month.

Sal-e
22nd Jul 2008, 12:54
With planes coming over the next half year, there will be a shortage of drivers. To complicate matters for GF, EY may decide to do another road trip (which they may do soon before their new birds arrive) with no doubt improved conditions. Furloughed U.S pilots may fill some of the positions but I think another package jousting match is around the corner.

MAKAVELI320
23rd Jul 2008, 00:17
U must be in 320

MAKAVELI320
23rd Jul 2008, 00:19
SAL-E if u r not happy why dont u make a move?:rolleyes:

downNOgreens
23rd Jul 2008, 04:25
.Aero,
interesting breakdown. This is probably why we have the most expensive insurance in the region. Don't believe me? Check accounts for yourself.

.Aero
23rd Jul 2008, 05:03
we have the most expensive insurance in the region. Don't believe me? Check accounts for yourself.

Wish I could, but I'm not privvied to such information. I'm just a plane spotter. :}

Sal-e
23rd Jul 2008, 18:08
MAKAVELI320,
Who said I'm not happy? I'm waiting for you to move so I can move another step up the seniority. My next move, if ever, will be to leave the region altogether and head back home. Otherwise, I'm happy where I am and who I'm working for (note, I didn't say I am happy with what I'm flying).

SCATANA
23rd Jul 2008, 23:28
GF had opened a DXB-LHR route in 1989 when they were told to do so.........:ugh:

Mow
25th Jul 2008, 05:54
While on leave ... I have been called by rostering daily ... How those guys think??? that, I will be sitting around to fly for them on my leave!!!!!! :confused:

Mephistopheles
25th Jul 2008, 10:18
It's only going to get more interesting when the Bahrain CAA FTL finally come into effect at the end of next month, unless the Lebo/Canuk upstairs can figure out someway to screw us over again.

CanadaRocks
25th Jul 2008, 14:15
MOW...What are you doing in town on your leave...Is BAH that nice!

.Aero
25th Jul 2008, 17:35
It's only going to get more interesting when the Bahrain CAA FTL finally come into effectMephistopheles, any idea where I can get a copy of the CAA's ANTR-FCL1 that's coming into force? I can't find anything on their website and they're really not forthcoming on the phone either.

Mow
26th Jul 2008, 07:12
Canada ... I am not ... however ... roaming has its disadvantages as well ... :sad:

40&80
26th Jul 2008, 08:24
Roaming has its disadvantages as well and today is bloody expensive......often in the past GF pilots nackered by the summer schedules stayed in Bahrain for their leave to relax and recover their sleep deficit and basically rewind their time zone base.
...no hassle with staff travel tickets...no hassle with space available on flights...no hassle with space available on return flights... no possible hassle with any Tax man... more valuable one on one relax time for you with your family in accommodation you have already paid through the nose for...time to get your teeth cleaned and any dental work done..
and lead a more normal life for a few days before the GF madness started again to rerack your life.

vfroverthetop
27th Jul 2008, 07:33
Well guy it has been fun I am punching out of GF. I wish you all the best with the Golden Falcon.

Poor guys on 320 continual maintence issues which I believe are bad and from a good source in the engineering department it is only going to get worse. Continually getting messed around by rostering. No one getting there requests anymore. And our lovely friend up stairs what goes around comes around. I hope we run into each other back home eh, maybe I can explain to you how you pi:mad:ing everyone off.

Oh and dont even dream about command. Just another carrot boys.

I can tell you it only gets marginally better on the long haul. 320 guys dont take the transfere you just asking for more time in GF. It is better but rather make your move before you sign.

But it was good for awhile, thanks for all those who I have made friends with and those I have not maybe I will see you in a real airline.

I am out, tired of being lied too. Moving to greener pastures or browner sands?!:O