PDA

View Full Version : CABAIR btween USA and UK

attorney82
20th Jul 2008, 09:11
hi every body if im looking for frozen ATPL licence in accordance with the European requirements of JAR-FCL . and i want to study between USA and UK ,with cabair flight school in addtion cabair have school in Florida .so which trainig have be done in UK and which can be done in USA if want frozen ATPL licence in accordance with the European requirements of JAR-FCL

Brian304
20th Jul 2008, 11:35
I think the school you are thinking in the U.S. in conjunction with cabair is OFT. They provide all the training in the U.S. upto the CPL, then you will have to do the I.R. in the UK. It is cheap in the U.S. but you also have to take the quality into mind. If you look at a few of the posts about OFT then you will have a clearer idea.

Brian304:hmm:

321abc
20th Jul 2008, 12:49
Yes, the Cabair conjuction in Florida is OFT, based in Kissimmee, i believe they also have a conjuction with a flight school in Canada.

OFT is the best, obviously a lot cheaper than the UK, but as Brian mentioned, the quality isn't to great...

Brian304
20th Jul 2008, 13:06
Moncton flight school is also one of the best, but you may get some weather delays, unlike kissimmee, Florida.

Brian304:)

321abc
20th Jul 2008, 13:45
Unlike Kissimmee?? Ha! Studyed out there not too long ago, thunderstorms everyday starting around 2-4 pm, untill early evenings, flyable slots were normally only 8 and 10am

Brian304
20th Jul 2008, 14:35
Well that wasn't the case when I was there, not long ago either. We were still flying after the 2-4pm thunderstorms, and just before that. In moncton you are looking more time off due to weather as i've heard, but moncton do provide quality training thats something thats got to be admitted.

Brian304:}

Adios
20th Jul 2008, 15:21
Attorney82,

You asked the same question on OAA's forum last week. Have you thought of picking up the phone and calling Cabair?

Chewie von Nubbins
20th Jul 2008, 15:27
I know that a local flight school here is just turning up service with CATS and PFT for a JAA course. Place is just outside of Dallas, TX - Skymates. Owner is an Italian guy with several former Italian students that instruct there now.

I believe that CATS and Cabair are somehow affiliated, just not sure how. Might want to try a search on Skymates and look at their JAA course.