PDA

View Full Version : Arrival Details of EK A380

biggles39
20th Jul 2008, 04:16
Morning All,

Does anyone have the details for the arrival of the 1st EK A380 next week.

I understand formal handover in Hamburg on 28th July then afterthat ??

Overnight flight to DXB or arrival in the darkness and starigh to the hanger ?

Any info appreciated

Regards

biggles39

MrMachfivepointfive
20th Jul 2008, 16:53
29th afternoon arrival in DXB. tow across the engineering. 30. and 31. AM open to the troops (secret 1st class and all) 01.08. EK201 to JFK.

puff m'call
20th Jul 2008, 19:00
WOW can't wait to rush off to the airport to see grand arrival of the " Flying Pig".

Then to come in on my day off to look around it.....yeah right :ugh:

Get a life muppets, you'll see enough of the dam thing in the months ahead to make you sick of it, it's just another jet.

Lord Flashhart
21st Jul 2008, 06:37
PUFF n HUFF,

Leave them alone. So what if others want to see it arrive, (maybe they have young fellas who want to see it arrive), not everyone is as jaded and apathetic to aviation as you seem to be. It is only your opinion after all.
Re getting a life, you are the one sitting here on pprune posting negatively about people who are actually planning to go out and so something rather than sitting on their arse tapping away on the computer on pprune. Ironic don't you think? :=

JungleJett
21st Jul 2008, 07:50
Yep Puffy seems to be the perfect exemple of lousy loser who likes to play it "blase".....(sorry I don't have the accent on my keyboard, the one that goes over the "e")....to all things aviation but ironically is here with oh my!! over 280 posts....
Get a life loser!

White Knight
21st Jul 2008, 08:52
Maybe Puff you should find another career:hmm:

I still like looking at the metal birds, call me sad - I don't care:p

biggles39
22nd Jul 2008, 07:41
Hi guys

I'm with white knight - i love looking at these metal birds - you can call me sad as well but not an 'Anorak':=

Gabonastick - hope you enjoy the Ferry Flight

Cheers
biggles39

skater
22nd Jul 2008, 09:12
I happened to be at Minneapolis commuting to work when Airbus brought the 380 in for a PR flight and watched it taxi into the gate. It was impressive. It will be awhile before there are a lot of them out there, so getting to see it early was nice. If I lived in Dubai, I'd make the trip out to see it when it comes into DXB. It is like getting laid by the same chick over and over. The first time is nice, but after awhile it all gets old... Why not go out and enjoy the first time.

halas
22nd Jul 2008, 14:10
Some analogy Skater, but l guess you're right in some ways.

Trouble is that this "chick" was supposed to have been here nearly three years ago, so she is getting a little older, and to some extent, familiar.

She has visited here many times, even in party dress, which most of the other old girls here are wearing anyway.

And to organize a date 5.5 years ago and then she finally turns up for the prom seems a little deflating.

So although she seems fresh and new to some, others see her as having been around the block a few times already. Especially if you travel through Sydney, Singapore or Heathrow and see her tarted up in another frock regularly.

halas

Maybe a bit of bias, but when the 748 turns up....well, that's a different story!

MAKAVELI320
22nd Jul 2008, 23:56
skater! couldnt agree more u made me feel good by reading u r post simple and easy logic isnt it? have a good day bro:D

MAKAVELI320
23rd Jul 2008, 00:10
halas I AGREE with u to some extant! but not in the same party dress u talking about i think this one will be a completetly deferent inside outside i think will have EMERATES touch:ugh:

White Knight
23rd Jul 2008, 04:23
Don't know about the 748, but is Boeing getting anywhere with the 'plastic fantastic'?

harry the cod
23rd Jul 2008, 11:26
Skater

Now you wouldn't be comparing the A380 to an ex of mine would you? Big and ugly yet everyone wanted to go for a ride 'cause she would keep you up there for hours! Only difference is that the jet, so I gather, is fairly quiet!

The whale said to me that first night;

"That's one of the smallest organs I've ever seen"

"Well, it's never had to play inside a cathedral before!", replied I.

That of course was after those imortal few words, " Is it in yet?" :O

Harry

P.s That first experience of when I became a 'cunning linguist', and she actually farted. God, it was like a breath of fresh air! Ah, those were the days. Amazing what you remember when your're 14 years old.

RnR
23rd Jul 2008, 12:01
That was HIlarious harry,
was laughing till i fell off,
made my day mate,

cheers,

Off to,
RnR :)

millerscourt
23rd Jul 2008, 12:01
White Knight Oh very well then seeing as you asked for it. You are sad, but then most of us knew that already but thanks for confirming it finally.:p to you too

Spelling correction kindly pointed out to me by White Knight.

White Knight
24th Jul 2008, 17:26
Oh well MC - sad I may be, but doddering old codger I'm not:E

By the way - it's :p to you TOO, not :p to you TO.. Spend too much time playing with the fags did you:}

millerscourt
24th Jul 2008, 19:23
WK Oh dear I asked for that. Of course it is TOO, just a slip of the finger.:)

I think I had better alter it. Standby

biggles39
27th Jul 2008, 05:58
Crikey ! i only asked for arrvial times and we dive into a totally different forum ! - not that i am complaining and certainly makes good reading when you are chained to the desk !:)

So back to the real 'hardcor information' - do we have final arrival times for Tuesday ? flight number etc etc.

Cheers
biggles39

EGGW
27th Jul 2008, 07:35
Biggles39, welcome to the Pprune ME Forum :ugh: This is what myself and 4holerpoler have to moderate every day :ouch:

EGGW

EGGW
27th Jul 2008, 10:33
I think you find there are a couple of other features to be unveiled as well. Amazingly they have stayed secret :E

EGGW

Da Do Ron Ron
27th Jul 2008, 11:07
I bet someone will finally post the arrival time a week after the event :ugh:

biggles39
29th Jul 2008, 08:40
Hi Guys and Girls !

The information i have is a 12.40z ( 16.40 local ) arrival at DXB - Flight Number EK7380.

Scheduled departure was 07.00z from Hamburg so it should be airborne and en-route by now

Cheers

biggles39

hotcurry
29th Jul 2008, 08:50
1749 local. hope that helps

dtur2424
29th Jul 2008, 13:15
Revised ETA is 1735L to park on F12....

Payscale
29th Jul 2008, 15:22
Dont worry about WHITE KNIGHT, he has also advised me to find a new career, and tought me to spell proper English. Must be that public school he went to... thank you sir, I am a better man for that :zzz:

A300Man
1st Aug 2008, 18:01
Wasn't today the first revenue ops EK A380 flight?? Not even a hint of a mention on any of the news media outlets that I have been watching today, nor even a mention here on PPRuNe of the departure ceremonies etc....

Perhaps the world has lost interest already.......................

White Knight
1st Aug 2008, 18:32
payscale....

Next time read my post thoroughly before you slag me off:ugh::ugh: :mad:

sanjosebaz
4th Aug 2008, 08:36
Wasn't today the first revenue ops EK A380 flight?? Not even a hint of a mention on any of the news media outlets that I have been watching today, nor even a mention here on PPRuNe of the departure ceremonies etc....

Perhaps the world has lost interest already.......................Perhaps you checked the wrong news outlets! I was on board (both ways) - economy on EK3801 and Biz on EK3802. I checked the New York Times web within 1 hour of arrival and they had the story front page. Also, WNBC had a video of the landing (there is a link to that on PPRuNe - search A380 Emirates). Sky News also covered the flights (BBC did not seem interested enough!). In ME, Gulf News had good coverage also.

Was interviewed on the way back (in the bar!), by Dubai1 TV. No sign of them airing it yet, though they did cover the event of its return to DXB Aug 2