PDA

View Full Version : Stupid question, but....

superfrozo
20th Jul 2008, 02:26
Ok, serious question: I need to get an open paper ticket (don't ask) for a CX flight, and I want to avoid Kitty City at all costs.

So, does anyone know in this day and age of eTicket madness whether you can actually buy a paper ticket over the counter at HKIA??? :confused:

I await the hilarious replies from all those with a "rapist wit" that inhabit this forum:cool:

broadband circuit
20th Jul 2008, 02:54
Try the CX website

Humber10
20th Jul 2008, 06:50
there's the ticket printer at the airport on the level between arrivals and departures, ask a CX staff member where how to find it. I have tried to use it twice though and the 1st time it was U/S and the other, the system was updating (well it was 5am....).
Let us know how you get on with the paper ticket, it will be good when we can just print the e-ticket at home...

Liam Gallagher
20th Jul 2008, 11:58
Not sure what you mean by "buy" a ticket. If you mean buy, as in pay for by EPS, a green ticket; the only way I have ever seen this achieved is at staff travel.... after suitable grovelling.....

If you mean, print out a pink flown ticket, then as Humber10 said, you go to the Airport Staff Reporting Centre on the Office levels between Arrivals and Departures. You enter a "death star" type long grey corridor and walk about a mile until you reach a door that has the paint worn off it, where a brazillon hands have whacked against it.

The good news is they have computers and a ticket printer: the bad news, it's such a soleless place, you will yearn for the delights of " Kitty City":rolleyes:

superfrozo
20th Jul 2008, 13:24
Thanks chaps.

Was referring to a non-staff (full fare/fully refundable) paper ticket, required sharp-ish. Will ask staff services when next at HKIA

AAIGUY
20th Jul 2008, 13:47
KA staff can get tiks @ HIAS counter between 8-5 (I think).. I suspect CX can too.