PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Express Address Book Export

Algol
18th Jun 2000, 02:29
Why is it that when I try to export my OE address book, all the sorting I've done with various folders dissappears and I just get a bulk export of the addresses in alphabetical order. I then have to go back and redo the folders and then re-sort all the addresses!
Any ideas oh gurus?

FL310
18th Jun 2000, 14:24
a glitch induced by big Bill....

have all my addresses sorted and they should display as

Name, 1stName

when changing any item in one stored address the display of this address changes to 1stName Name and can't stop it from doing so

Tallbloke
18th Jun 2000, 23:09
FL310 I don't know OE intimatly, but in Outlook you can set the default veiw and sort order if you hit Tools Options Contact Options.

FL310
23rd Jun 2000, 01:38
tks tallbloke, try it for youself....and than just change anything in the vcard and oe changes to its default settings and you start sorting again....

Tallbloke
23rd Jun 2000, 02:10
Ok this does not sort out the exporting thing, but it may sort the sorting thing. When your are in the contents folder, hit Veiw, Current Veiw, Customize Current View, Sort. From here you can choose the sort order, I use File As. I did just change it and it does re-sort. However, I am getting a sinking feeling, I think we may be talking about different beasts. I have mistaken Outlook for Outlook Express perhaps. Visions of Windows Address Book flashing across a stormy sea...