PDA

View Full Version : Spam!!!!!!!!

jjj
15th Jun 2000, 06:38
I have recently experience an alarming increase in the amount of spam I am receiving. I only use this email account on PPrune and haven't used it anywhere else. I have decided to make my email address invisible. Has anyone else experienced an increase in spam. Are there spam 'bots going through PPrune. Would it be possible to get displayed email addresses spam shielded?

------------------
[email protected]

WX Man
20th Jun 2000, 12:51
Many spamming programs are wising up to the relatively simple tricks that people use to make their email address visible to human users but invalid to electronic systems.

The most common one is [email protected]
this no longer works- a good one is to alter spellings of your domain names, and put a note to that effect in your signature.

e.g.: [email protected] Kingdom
Annotating it with 'remove all the dashes to email, and change the last bit to 'uk'.

However this may cause a problem with PPRuNe as passwords are sent electronically whenever you change the email address you are registrered under.

ExSimGuy
25th Jun 2000, 13:32
But I'd just love to get some spam - local customs out here in the Middle East forbid any pork product :)

I guess maybe the "national firewall" that blocks pages with pictures of Pam Anderson also stops pork products being delivered through email :rolleyes:

Seriously, the freeserve address that I use for PPRuNe is only otherwise used when I go home to UK, and I don't get any spam on this one (and very very little on any of my other addresses) so "spam-bots" working through Danny's pages does not seem likely to me.

------------------
Flight Sims, very expensive toys - but real fun to play with!

Flying Banana
25th Jun 2000, 22:19
Have to say I agree with jjj, have also had large amount of spam arriving. Changed email address to Hotmail just for PPRuNe and the same crap has been arriving there so looks like the spam bots are trawling bulletin boards for addys.

http://www2.misnet.com/~sullust/spam_small.jpg

I don't like Spam!

ExSimGuy
26th Jun 2000, 20:19
The picture didn't get censored!

I cut and pasted it and printed it out and it hangs on the kitchen wall as inspiration!!!

:) - :) - :)

Flying Banana
30th Jun 2000, 04:02
For more inspiration visit Hormel Foods website or just jump straight to http://www.spamgift.com/store/commerce.cgi

Spam spam lovely spam! :)