PDA

View Full Version : Searching on pprune

Bomber Harris
31st Jul 2001, 19:32
ooops started a new thread by accident. sorry , meant to post this on the already open thread on this subject of search function missing. Anyway, just wanted to know what was happening cos I can't find it again.

[ 31 July 2001: Message edited by: Bomber Harris ]

Capt PPRuNe
31st Jul 2001, 22:08
Did you know you can delete a thread you started by clicking on the 'Edit' icon and then selecting the 'Delete this post' tick box.

Any poster can delete (or edit) their own post. If the first post of a thread is deleted then the whole thread is deleted.

Sure would make my life easier if people deleted their own errors! :confused:

sprocket
1st Aug 2001, 00:14
Danny, on second reading I think Bomber is suggesting that if the search function was available, there may not have been a need (accidental or not) to start another thread.

[ 01 August 2001: Message edited by: sprocket ]

Velvet
2nd Aug 2001, 16:06
When the search function is active, it's more difficult (sometimes impossible) to search for a post, as you now have to go looking for the member's number before you can search for anything under their name.

Can anyone give me advice how I look for a member's number easily - putting in a word search doesn't always work.

Some members don't post that regularly now (if at all), which makes it virtually impossible to find anything.

PPRuNe Dispatcher
2nd Aug 2001, 22:29
The next software upgrade should let you quickly find a member's number. For various reasons we haven't yet decided exactly when the upgrade will take place...

---Mik