PDA

View Full Version : Refreshing doesn't work any longer

newswatcher
21st Mar 2000, 16:44
I have recently noticed that, if I log back into the PPrune Forum, and notice that an update has been made to a message I had previously viewed, I cannot see that update even though I use the "refresh" option. The only way I can is to delete the temporary files and restart IE5. The refresh option still works for other Internet Sites, say a news site which has been updated.

I am not aware that any changes have been made to my computer, so has anyone got any ideas?

[This message has been edited by newswatcher (edited 21 March 2000).]

MAX REVERSE
24th Mar 2000, 15:51
Not having IE5 to hand at the moment I'm having to make a guess based on Netscape's options. In Netscape you can set your cache options to determine how often Netscape compares the cached copy of a page to the online version: Every time; once per session or never. If there's a similar setting in IE5 (I'll check tonight if you haven't replied by then) and either of the last two are selected then that would explain your problem.

pilot-lite
24th Mar 2000, 16:11
Most problems like this are caused by the cookie file pprune puts on your computer becoming corrupted. Just click on the preferences link at the top of the page and follow the links to reset your cookie.

pilot-lite

newswatcher
28th Mar 2000, 16:37
Thanks guys, but I have actually done both these things, and problem still there. Even prevents me looking at my reply in a thread, when I have posted something, until I go through delete "TEMP" files and restart.

Strange that it does not happen on any other "refreshable" site, such as a news site, where all latest items immediately available each time I go into site.

Any other recommendations gratefully received.

spannersatcx
28th Mar 2000, 20:21
You could find the file with all the cookies in and delete it and hopefully everything will be reset on next startup.

ShyTorque
30th Mar 2000, 02:58
I now have the same problem! What's happening?

OzmateBugsmasher
30th Mar 2000, 09:51
Try shift-refresh or ctrl-refresh to bypass your cached documents and request it again from the server.