PDA

View Full Version : Getting closer to the COC

Lord Flashhart
17th Jul 2008, 18:07
From ED,

'Colleagues –
We have yesterday transitioned one more step toward the migration from the old CBC to the new Crew Operations Centre in EGHQ which is presently scheduled for the end of Jul.

I guess it will no longer be called the CBC, but the COC. I wonder if Ed has operationally trialled his new acronym. ;):E:O

MrMachfivepointfive
18th Jul 2008, 09:59
Hold your breath. Tonight is the last and final test. 32 crews out, 42 in.
When the sun rises the golden carriage might turn out to be a pumkin after all.

fatbus
18th Jul 2008, 11:57
Now I dont have to watch the DVD, thanks

Has anything really changed WRT timings

145qrh
18th Jul 2008, 13:04
It has always been unwritten rule that we leave CBC 10-15 mins before our Duty clock starts ticking, now it's in writing :ok:.

I think it's time a small letter finds its way to the GCAA .:ugh:

The 1 hour period before STD is time taken to complete necessary pre-flight formalities, eg check the weather, eye up the tottie , pre-flight the aircraft, board pax etc.

If, as seems now, 1 hour is deemed insufficient then it has to change...simple. (if only)

FTL's are set as limits on allowable lengths of duty, they are there as a safety net against unscrupulous companies who treat limits as if they were a piece of elastic.

The time has come to rise up against the oppressors, we will take no more, enough us enough, the worm is about to bite back except we wont, and nothing will change for the better, and soon we will be picked even earlier in mini-vans 6 at a time to save a Dirham or two....

lowstandard
18th Jul 2008, 15:29
A Cabin crew friend did a tour the other day and said "That's a big COC!" and she wouldnt doubt that new COC would see alot of Cabin Crew in the future.
I also understand the delay in opening is because Ed is not used to handling such a large COC and that to get it cleaned in time for start up they would have to have alot of COC soakers working on their hands and knees polishing that COC up.
I know Ed has been eager to show that big COC off to crew before he displays it to everyone, seems he really is proud of it.
Everyone should have a poke around, highly recommended.

linedriva
19th Jul 2008, 07:04
Good one, Lowstandard:ok:

Came in on one of the flights last night and was suitably unimpressed. Everything takes twice as long - even dropping off the paperwork took a fair hike. I thought the bags coming out from downstairs was going to fly through and hit the nearest bystander. Don't even dream of putting anything remotely fragile in your overnight bag!

Maybe it will sort itself out as we get more used to it.

MrMachfivepointfive
19th Jul 2008, 14:41
Dropping off the paperwork took a long time? Jeez - took me three tenth of a second. But being able to read would be an advantage of course. The tray in the briefing room reads: 'Office copy of flight plan here'. Hope you found your aircraft, rest of crew and destination. This year, I mean.

takingover
20th Jul 2008, 04:43
MrMachfivepointfive, if you read a little more carefully instead of shooting from the hip :=, you would realise that linedriva was arriving rather than departing, as you were obviously doing. Totally different thing!