Can anyone help me. I cannot access Chat and keep on getting a message
"load:class GUI client not found"
any suggestions on how I can fix this?

Thanks

FL310
12th Jun 2000, 01:39
Are you using the "new" board?

http://www.pprune.org/chat/chat2.htm

and do you have Java enabled in your browser?

PilotsPal
12th Jun 2000, 10:38
I get this problem from time to time, and have just experienced it again this morning. Everything worked absolutely fine last night and I've no doubt it'll work fine again this evening. Oddly enough, it seems more prone to doing this on Sunday evenings/early Monday mornings than any other time.

BoeingBoy
14th Jun 2000, 22:50
Nope!...JAVA enabled, Tuesday night in the UK, same error shows for me too.

Biggles Flies Undone
16th Jun 2000, 19:08
Glad I'm not alone here!

I've not been able to log on to PPRuNe Chat from home for several weeks now, although no problem at work.

My thoughts : could be an 'old browser' problem - I've got Java script enabled, but my version of IE is 3.5-4 years old - do I need to update? Alternatively is it a Zone Alarm conflict? I've got a cookie crusher programme running in parallel and get cookie warnings plus notices for Zone Alarm blocks. Could this be my problem?

Come on you PC Gurus - I'm getting too much sleep without access to Chat :)

Biggles Flies Undone
19th Jun 2000, 16:46
Must say, I thought someone out there would have had an answer to this.

My money is on a Zone Alarm conflict because the time I had probs with Chat is around the time I installed ZA.

Slasher - you have ZA and do a bit of chatting - any input here?

I don't want to delete ZA or seek out an IE update if there is a simple fix. Come on guys......

fatboy slim
19th Jun 2000, 18:07
BFU - I've got ZA fitted and I've had no probs with getting into chat. I don't think it's ZAs fault.

redsnail
21st Jun 2000, 04:05
Guys, I had hassles getting onto chat with my ISP. It seems they had changed their proxy settingw without telling any one. Try checking that. A new browser didn't solve it but it fixed some other problems. Some sites don't like Netscape but will work fine with IE. Why? dunno.

------------------
reddo
A Feral Animal.

Slasher
21st Jun 2000, 04:20
BFU no problem my side. My ZA and Luckman are fine and I get the GUIClient loaded every time. If its any help I always use Nutscrape and never IE.

Biggles Flies Undone
21st Jun 2000, 13:09
Thanks for the replies all.

I'll get current versions of IE and Netscape and see if my probs go away. Sure am missing the evening zoo session....

Black Lace
21st Jun 2000, 14:02
Biggles & Co,

Thanks for your input have just upgraded to Internet Explorer Version 4.0 and am waiting for 5.0 any day now. Was operating on old version 2.0 and had no luck.

Chat is finally up and running after so long!!

:)