PDA

View Full Version : CV Help?

wannabefemalepilot
17th Jul 2008, 08:29
Hello,

After just one interview, which I failed to get :ugh: Unfortunatley things have been a little quite for me on the job front!

Im wondering if my CV is up to scratch as obviously this is the first impression I have to give to airlines? So does anyone have any recomendations? Is there anyone who looks at CV's professionally that anyone has used??

WFP

redout
17th Jul 2008, 11:04
There is Pilot Interview Techniques Training (http://www.pittraining.co.uk/) that look over both your cover letter and CV for £75.

bolty_1000
18th Jul 2008, 09:34
hi,
just responded to this post in another forum but anyway....

Having done the searches for a CV writing service myself I found them all to be vastly expensive and not nesseseraly aviation related!!

I was however recommended a much cheaper service some time ago which is done by a commercial pilot who has also worked in operations and prior to aviation came from a recruitment background - so good for other aspects of the industry as well. He charged me £18 and totally transformed my CV, so for that cash it was well worth it.

If you drop him an email on [email protected] he will definatley be able to help you.

hope this helps you :-)

Anonymus6
18th Jul 2008, 10:59
wannabefemalepilot,,,

If airlines are not responding to your C.V. might be an indication that not many airlines are hiring at this time and might forloughing pilots shortly after summer.:sad:

LocBlew
18th Jul 2008, 11:53
True. Although a few jobs might be up for grabs. I'd definitely keep sending out CVs to the right places... Even after all the announcements of lay offs.

john.o.pilot
18th Jul 2008, 13:51
where abouts did you complete you training?