PDA

View Full Version : First Aid Deluxe 2000

blackadder
19th Mar 2000, 22:32
I've just installed and run the above software.
The report made me open the G&T and sit down for 10 minutes........
Has anyone any opinions on First Aid, good or bad?

InFinRetirement
20th Mar 2000, 18:03
Fraid so.

A mate of mine bought it as a package. It was an absolute disaster. On his machine and on mine - then he binned it.

It slowed the puters down and ALL downloads became a war of the will to wait.

It was awful. That's the bad news. The good news is that it did uninstall OK.

My Advice? In the bin. Sorry but it's crap.

Feline
21st Mar 2000, 00:38
Blackadder,

Have got to concur with IFR - I got a free (limited function) copy with some other s/w a while back. Didn't do the response any good, and I couldn't really understand most of the reports it came up with.

Bin it!

DB6
21st Mar 2000, 03:55
Yep, total load of ***** .

Ganymede
23rd Mar 2000, 18:46
Tried an earlier version of this piece of .... whatever, and it totalled my machine. Its first trick was to tell me that my autoexec.bat file was wrong and that it could fix it. I have since found that this is a 'well known error' because there was nothing wrong with it and its 'fix' in fact corrupted my file so I had to re-write it from scratch - great fun! NOT!

I can however VERY STRONGLY recommend Norton Utilities (any version). This really does do what it claims, and only what it claims. Been running it now at home for about 18 months and it has gotten me out of SO many f.ups that I have lost count.

blackadder
23rd Mar 2000, 18:58
Thanks for the feedback.
I bought it on the recc. of my local ICL engineer, he does all the Gateway service and swears by it.
Oh well, 30 quid down the tube. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

woftam
23rd Mar 2000, 20:07
Sorry to hijack your thread a little Blackie,but what's the story with "NukeNabber"?
I downloaded it as a result of a thread here a while back and have been running it since.
No reports,warnings,anything?
Am I wasting my time with it?
Is no news good news?