PDA

View Full Version : Applications requiring photos

Captain_Scooby
16th Jul 2008, 16:49
Hello,

Am applying for an FO position outside the UK, and the application asks for covering letter, cv and a recent photograph. Was just wondering what type of photo people would recommend. Something simple like a slightly cheerier version of a passport photo. Or something taken during work, i.e. in the cockpit or next to an aircraft? Not quite sure WHY they want the pic, so not sure of what type to use.

Thanks

CS

MIKECR
16th Jul 2008, 16:58
1. They want to make sure you dont have 2 heads
2. So they can determine who you are should you be asked for an interview
3. Head and shoulders like a passport photo. Posing beside an aeroplane would be very sad!

THE WELSH WIZARD
16th Jul 2008, 17:20
I agree with mcr, they must be looking for people "who will look good flying for them".

Chin up guy, look professional and wear something suited ie, ss and tie that shows confidents in your self.

Good luck dude.:ok:

TWW:)

hvogt
16th Jul 2008, 17:33
Scooby

I don't know in which country you have applied for a job. In Germany it's quite usual for employers to ask for applications including a photo. As the others have already mentioned, companies want to make sure they don't invite people to an interview who are not presentable.

As for the photo itself, I would definitely recommend to refrain from anything that could be interpreted in a wrong way, i.e. in a way that would suggest you were vain and trying to look cool. So you might want to choose a photo against a neutral background, wearing a suit and tie.

When I get new photos for my applications etc. I usually try to imagine how they would look on my IDs, licences or on my company's website.

Hope this will help you.