PDA

View Full Version : DUB - EWR Continental

co22
16th Jul 2008, 13:49
Hi, I am not sure if mods will feel the need to move this or amend it but work away if you deem necessary!

I was just wondering if anyone would have any info regarding Continentals DUB-EWR route, I have flown on this route on numerous occasions and will be doing so again this August and in the past the equipment has been 757-200 and a 767-200

As the 767 was alot more comfortable I would be hoping that despite the itenery that perhaps they might use this AC again? I hate travelling transatlantic on single aisle AC and wouldnt be a huge fan of the 757.

fivejuliet
16th Jul 2008, 14:13
Its only the 757 this summer I'm afraid!

Seat62K
16th Jul 2008, 15:06
co22,
I'd be interested to know what you dislike about crossing the Atlantic in a single-aisle aircraft. With the 757 there might be shorter check-in queues and certainly fewer to embark/disembark, smaller crowds at the baggage reclaim etc. Reminds me of crossings in BOAC VC10s all those years ago.....

eastern wiseguy
16th Jul 2008, 18:48
I think that the single aisle contributes to a closed in feel.I like a wander around occasionally:ok:. Mind you I think the VC10 was probably more spacious than one of Continentals finest:)

Mark in CA
16th Jul 2008, 19:35
I have to wonder about these questions concerning the aircraft type or seating for a particular route. After all, anyone asking these questions obviously has access to the Internet. It's pretty easy to go to the airline web site and look it up yourself. As for seating charts, those are also easily available on the Internet at sites like Seat Guru.

co22
17th Jul 2008, 10:38
^ I anticipated a remark like this, a shame really.

Thanks for all the info folks -

I have travelled in and out of EWR on numerous occasions with continental on aircraft that were different than what the itenery stated hence my question to see if anyone here may have more information. Sorry if it bothered anyone.

I am connecting in EWR to LAS anyway so baggage wont really be an issue, i just prefer the 767 to the 757 as it seems more roomy and brighter etc
Since its a newer plane the entertainment is also generally better as well.

Confirmed Must Ride
17th Jul 2008, 10:45
The new AVOD IFE installed on CO757-200 fleet is light years better than the offering on CO767 fleet. about 20 out of the 40 have been retro-fitted so you have quite a good chance of being on one.

heidelberg
17th Jul 2008, 11:48
co22
You stated - 'I am connecting in EWR to LAS anyway so baggage wont really be an issue'.

On arrival at EWR from DUB you will have to collect your baggage and process it through Security for your internal flight.

To me this is always 'an issue' when transiting within the USA having arrived from abroad.

blaggerman
17th Jul 2008, 17:42
With the 757 there might be shorter check-in queues and certainly fewer to embark/disembark, smaller crowds at the baggage reclaim etc. Reminds me of crossings in BOAC VC10s all those years ago..... I think you'll find that the CO 757 carries slightly more than the 767.

Seat62K
17th Jul 2008, 18:57
You're right! (I checked on www.continental.com (http://www.continental.com)). 767-200: 174 seats, 757-200: 175 seats. Who'd have thought (not me anyway!)? I stand corrected!

blaggerman
17th Jul 2008, 20:42
My head is full of daft trivia. Shame I can't ever remember anything important :)