PDA

View Full Version : Vista doesn't detect Logitech wireless keyboard / mouse combo

Keith Discovering
16th Jul 2008, 12:51
Gents,

I have the MX3000 Logitech mouse / keyboard combo. It worked for a while then it didn't recognise the device and stopped working. On asking to install the drivers, it could not automatically find them or indeed see them when i pointed out where they were.

I now have to use an older cabled usb mouse and keyboard. Device manager says the computer now uses a "PS/2" mouse and an únknown keyboard on usb port.

Also, on each boot up, i have to tell it to install drivers later as a. it can't find them and b. if i tell it to ignore them, my USB keywoard and mouse stop working.

In addition, on checking my HID on Device manager, it shows 3 x USB keyboards, a PS/2 + USB mouse, and a HID compliant consumer control device and HID compliant device.

Help. I'm tearing my hair out.

Is this anything to do with recognising the bluetooth dongle that is used to connect the combo to the computer.

does anyone have a fix please? :(

cheers

Keef
16th Jul 2008, 19:30
Bluetooth to connect the keyboard and mouse to the computer? That seems a bit masochistic. I've never found Bluetooth that reliable with desktops.

Have you a "conventional" wireless keyboard and mouse to try? Leave the Bluetooth out until you have the keyboard etc working OK.

BOAC
16th Jul 2008, 20:00
I thought the Logitech cordless range used wireless, not bluetooth, so I am puzzled by the BT 'dongle' you describe. My (more basic) L cordless combo connects via a mouse charging station to a USB port. What do the instructions say?

"Out of the box, you will get the Logitech MX3200 keyboard itself, black Logitech MX600 cordless laser mouse, SecureConnect RF (Radio Frequency) mini receiver, receiver stand, Logitech product brochure, driver CD and 6 Duracell AA batteries in individual sets of two."

No mention of Bluetooth/dongle???

"Setting up the Logitech Cordless Desktop MX 3100 was no more difficult than setting up any other cordless keyboard and mouse combo - just plug the wireless receiver into any free USB port, install the supplied Logitech software, then hit the "Connect" buttons on mouse keyboard and wireless receiver. Before you start using the system on your favorite games or apps you should sit the MX 1000 laser mouse on the charging base to fully juice up the battery. "

Keith Discovering
20th Jul 2008, 13:04
:\ sorry guys, I got so confused with wireless i thought it was bluetooth. DUH! You're right, it's wireless. Sorry...

"secure connect" device wrongly called Dongle. See, I don't know much, but can anone help please?

cheers

Keef
20th Jul 2008, 14:25
If you have no other USB devices (or no "Human Interface Devices" connected), then "remove" all those superfluous ones. If you accidentally "remove" the keyboard you are using, then unplug and reconnect it (allow ten seconds in between) and it should come back.

Check the instructions for the wireless keyboard - do they say you need to load the drivers (ie "install" the keyboard) before you plug it in for the first time? Do that in the wrong order and you will confuse it.

Once that's sorted, and with no "wrong" devices shown, plugging in the wireless device should get you the "bong bing" and a driver install.

You may need to press buttons on the wireless device or the keyboard.

kenhughes
23rd Jul 2008, 03:25
We bought two Logitech MX5500 combo sets for the office in April. Both had problems almost immediately. My keyboard worked intermittently for a while, then stopped working altogether.

On the other set, the mouse didn't work, but the keyboard did. Within a couple of months neither keyboard or mouse would work on either set (and yes, we checked/changed the batteries).

Both units were installed on XP Pro boxes. I've used Logitech products for years and never had a problem with them, until now.

I don't know about the 3200, but the 5500 combo is definitely Bluetooth.

Ken

Jumbo Driver
23rd Jul 2008, 11:06
Have you tried checking you have the latest Logitech "SetPoint" software?

I am running LX700 (mouse) / MX3000 (keyboard) under XP Pro and the SetPoint software version is 4.60.122.

Hope this helps ...

JD
:)

PS I am also running the VX Revolution Mouse on a laptop with Vista (U), using the same software version.

The Real Slim Shady
23rd Jul 2008, 11:23
Vista refuses to recognise my Amacom FlipDisk even though I have the drivers installed: maybe the OS isn't quite as sharp as it should be.

I would have stuck with XP but Vista was pre loaded on my new laptop.