PDA

View Full Version : New ISP`s

Wiggly Amp
14th Mar 2000, 18:00
To all you Surfers

With all these latest deals on free connection and free telephone calls to your ISP is the service or the connection going to suffer. I hear so often that connection speeds are down, especially at peek times. I use freeserve and I do notice a slower connection or no connection at all at cheap rate.

Will our providers provide more connections now they give the service and telphone call charges away for free.

What ISP`s do you use and what are your connection speeds like? Has anyone registered for one of these new deals? I beleive initially subsciptions are going to be limited, first come fisrt served.

Regards
Wiggly Amp

InFinRetirement
14th Mar 2000, 22:36
Wiggly, I signed up with BT for their free call weekends at £11.75. Then they reduced it to £9.99 and added evenings also. I think this is a good deal. Connections are pretty quick but I have to say that the speed drops a little in the evening. Well you can't have everything if the world and his wife are on can you.

BT plan to do a new deal in June I think, for £5.99 for as above BUT you will be able to use any ISP you wish - now that is bloody good in my view. However, BEFORE then I reckon someone will come in with something that will blow your socks off. Bound to happen some time. My bet it is that it will all be free within a year.

spannersatcx
14th Mar 2000, 22:48
I use cable and wireless 5.99 a month for 12 hrs of offpeak/weekend calls. Never had a connection below 44000.

InFinRetirement
15th Mar 2000, 00:11
44000 Spanners! If I get that I feel cheated 'cos I usually get a min of 45333 but the guy next door gets 50333 and with the same modem as me and on BT. Very annoying that. Still I reckon 78hrs a week free surfing with BT - if you could do it - is not bad.