PDA

View Full Version : Trade Winds Aviation San Jose CA

CraigyD
15th Jul 2008, 12:08
Hi,

I did a search on here for Trade Winds Aviation in San Jose California and only found one relevant post (which was positive so a good start I guess!) and was wondering if anyone else has some recent experience with them? I am considering doing my FAA PPL with them early next year.

thanks

Craig

CraigyD
16th Jul 2008, 17:16
No one!!??

Droste
17th Jul 2008, 15:43
There are a few affordable flying schools, you can bascially look into in San Jose.

I have spoken to Frederick Clegg, used to teach in "Squadron 2 Flying Club". Well, he is no longer teaching there. Perhaps, you can look into Squadron 2 Flying Club. That airspace in San Jose is sickening. :( It is always crowded.

I think it is better to worry about accommodation issue than flight school. Foreign students are always concerned about accommodation, and many schools neglected this problem. If accommodation issue can be resolved, it is not difficult to get foreign students in (meaning big money for the schools).

Many students are able to source out good schools but they apparently have to give up simply because they can't find a place to sleep. :)

Chewie von Nubbins
18th Jul 2008, 01:11
Ever thought about Texas? San Jose is one of the most expensive places in the US, other than NYC.

Check out Skymates in Arlington, TX. Although they are just getting their JAA program going strongly, the owner of the school is Italian and the weather is really nice year 'round there.

Skymates Inc. - Professional Flight Training & Aircraft Rental (http://www.skymates.com)

Compare the prices to the places in AZ or in the San Jose area. Seems like a much better deal.