PDA

View Full Version : Nimrod - help and information

flower
15th Jul 2008, 09:36
I'm looking for some simple help for my Squadron of Air Cadets. We have set up a super simulator as well as our MS Flight Sim and it is based upon the Nimrod aircraft.
After watching last nights session it became pretty obvious they have a lot to learn about flight simming but what I would like to do is furnish them with some information about the Nimrod to help them "fly " it.

If possible can anyone let me know the take off settings, V1 etc and landing speeds and what speeds you like to fly on approach and en route.
Anything else that could help the cadets realy enjoy the experience gratefully received, for example I have been sent the checklists for the 747 400 and if such an item exists for the Nimrod that would be great.
Thanks in anticipation
(1344 Squadron)

RAF_Techie101
15th Jul 2008, 15:09
I'm only a Techie, and going on what I've heard over the intercomm when flying on det, but this is my limited knowlege...

Rotate: about 130 kts dependant on lots of things, but around that...

Below 10,000 ft: max 250 like and aircraft...

Flaps 20 degrees: 210 kts I think...
Flaps 60 degrees: 150 kts, idling throttles over the threshold and letting it settle onto the runway as it slows down...
U/c lowering: 185 kts I think...

Normal flying speed on task is about 220 kts I think...

Should give you something to work with, but don't try and fly the real thing with these numbers.....:8

olddog
15th Jul 2008, 22:48
Flower,

See your PMs

Rafair7643
15th Jul 2008, 22:59
In relation to your MS Flight Sim, pop over to;

www.militaryaiworks.com (http://www.militaryaiworks.com)

You'll find a group dedicated to providing "realistic" Military Traffic for the sim, which will enhance the product for the cadets.

Okay I'm a bit biased, I do the callsigns :O

Cheers

Stew

flower
16th Jul 2008, 09:55
Cheers guys :ok: